Wizard of Oz Exhibit
Be Blown Away by The Wizard of Oz - GO TO OZ Exhibit at the DiMenna-Nyselius Library in July-August, 2009! Celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the movie: "The Wizard of Oz" with us!
Re-Imagined Dorothy's Ruby Slippers, a Twister, and more Oz-errific Memorabilia is showcased at the library exhibit space on the main level. Relive the excitement of Oz over and over again!
We invite you to write your memories of the movie, The Wizard of OZ and the Library GO TO OZ Exhibit with us by Twittering GOTOOZ. Twitter Online: GOTOOZ
* Oz Fun Facts:
- #6 on American Film Institutes's Top 100 American Films
- Even more amazing, it went through four directors
- It is believed there were seven pairs of Ruby Slippers (one pair has been stolen and not found yet)
- As part of the 70th anniversary festivities, famous shoe designers were invited to design spectacular ruby red shoes which would become part of a touring exhibition and then auctioned off for charity at the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation in New York City in September.
- Our famous Designer shoes at the Library are made by Juicy Couture, redesigned and re-imagined to replicate the famous red slippers by Roxann Riskin
*Oz Reference Information: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032138/
- Internet Movie database
- Smithsonian Institution (2006). "Treasures of American History". National Museum of American History - Smithsonian Institution.
Reminder: The Library exhibit space is available to the University.
If you are interested in creating an exhibit for the Library, please call (203) 254-4000 ext. 2587 or e-mail Jackie Kremer.