Fairfield University Dolan School of Business career panel to feature executives from sports marketing, social media, fashion retailing, and brand management
What: An event featuring area professionals from social media, sports marketing, consulting, fashion retailing and brand management firms will be held to help Fairfield University students explore career paths in this challenging job market. The career panel will feature executives from growth areas where employment opportunities are increasing. "This event speaks to Fairfield's goal of making students career ready," said Rajasree K. Rajamma Ph.D., chair, the Department of Marketing at the Dolan School of Business. "They can receive direction from seasoned professionals, especially helpful in times such as these."
When: Thursday, March 29, 5:15 p.m.
Who: The panelists will include:
- Linda Boff, executive director, Global Digital Marketing of Fairfield-based GE. Boff is responsible for setting GE's digital marketing, content and commercial strategy, including all GE websites, search, mobile, and social efforts. Boff was named B2B Magazine's top digital marketer of 2011.
- JP Bittencourt, senior marketing manager on the Fresh Bakery Business at Norwalk, Conn.-based Pepperidge Farm.During his previous tenure at Kraft Foods, he worked within Research & Development, Sales and Marketing with Brand Management stints on DiGiorno Pizza, Oscar Mayer Cold Cuts, Lunchables and Oscar Mayer Bacon.
- Chris Heyn, chief executive officer, Summit Golf Brands, a company that makes premium golf and sportswear products with its brands Fairway & Greene, EP Pro, and Zero Restriction. He is the former president of Nautica Sportswear.
- Thomas Schmalzl, director, Marketing & Business Development of Stamford, Conn.-based Peppers & Rogers Group. He is responsible for creating and executing all marketing and business development programs at Peppers & Rogers Group, supporting database development and lead nurturing efforts, and facilitating proposal development and pitch presentation. He received his B.S. in Marketing from Fairfield University.
- Scott Seymour, senior vice president and management director, Octagon Sports Management. He represents HSBC, MasterCard, BMW, Kodak, Merrill Lynch and Sprint, among others, in sports marketing.
Where: Dolan School of Business Dining Room, on the Fairfield campus.
Why: A free, student-managed event, it is being organized by the Marketing Club, with the support of the Department of Marketing. Marketing is the biggest major in the Dolan School of Business, and one of the largest minors at Fairfield. "The larger objective of this career panel is to inspire students to reach for their goals and pursue their dreams," said faculty member John Neal.
Images: top) Thomas Schmalzl; bottom) Linda Boff
Media Contact: Meg McCaffrey, (203) 254-4000, ext. 2726, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on March 20, 2012
Vol. 44, No. 235