Governor Dannel Malloy to deliver "State of the State" keynote address at Fairfield University's Dolan School of Business
When: Tuesday, November 1, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Governor will speak at 5:45 p.m.
What: Governor Dannel Malloy to deliver "State of the State" keynote address, at Fairfield University's Charles F. Dolan School of Business. Hosted by the Dolan School, the event is co-sponsored by ACG (Association for Corporate Growth) and TMA (Turn Around Management Association), among other organizations. There will be a question and answer session with the Governor.
At 4:15 p.m., there will be a State Agency-led panel moderated by Commissioner Catherine H. Smith on doing business in the state. Dr. Donald Gibson, dean of the Dolan School, and Fairfield faculty members will take part in panel discussions about lending and business deals. Although open to the public, there is a registration fee. Please see http://www.turnaround.org/Events/Calendar.aspx?objectID=1997 for details.
Press need to call or e-mail Fairfield's Meg McCaffrey in advance to register, at email@example.com or (203) 254-4000, ext. 2726. Thank you.
Where: Dolan School of Business, Fairfield campus.
Background: A TMA-Connecticut chapter panel discussion at 3 p.m. is entitled, "Neither a Borrower nor a Lender Be - Why Aren't the Banks Lending?" The moderator will be Kristin B. Mayhew, partner, McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP.
The panelists include:
- Dr. Edward J. Deak, professor of economics, Fairfield University's College of Arts & Sciences.
- Deirdre Martini, managing director, Wells Fargo Capital Finance (Former U.S. Trustee, Region 2, restructuring specialist).
- David M. Weinstein, principal, Lakeside Advisors, Inc. (corporate finance restructuring and advisory specialist).
An ACG-Connecticut chapter panel discussion, also at 3 p.m., is entitled, "Current Connecticut Deal Environment - The Deal Makers Perspective." The moderator will be Karin (McKittrick) Kovacic, Business Development, CBIZ MHM LL.
The panelists include:
- Dr. Michael Tucker, professor of finance, Dolan School of Business.
- Russell J. Greenberg, managing director, Altus Capital (Fund focused on commitment to American manufacturers with proprietary technologies).
- John Strahley, managing director, Ironwood Capital but works with Advantage Capital (AC is a mezzanine fund funded through Connecticut insurance tax credit legislation).
Media Contact: Meg McCaffrey, (203) 254-4000, ext. 2726, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on October 31, 2011
Vol. 44, No. 102