Mukesh Sud, Ph.D., new assistant professor of entrepreneurship at Fairfield University's Charles F. Dolan School of Business
We are very pleased to have scholar Mukesh Sud, Ph.D., a successful entrepreneur in India for more than 20 years, now on the Fairfield University faculty, as assistant professor of entrepreneurship at the Dolan School of Business.
Please consider him as a source for articles about:
- The vital need today for entrepreneurs
- How entrepreneurs learn from failure and adapt it to achieve success
- Social entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship in the non-profit sector
- Effective methods to teach and learn about entrepreneurship
Dr. Sud's current research interests include the role that institutions can play in promoting social entrepreneurship; the importance of entrepreneurial frameworks and performance metrics in the spread of social entrepreneurial efforts; and how entrepreneurs learn from failure and adapt it to achieve success. He is also working on the impact that practitioners have in a classroom environment in teaching entrepreneurship.
He was an entrepreneur in Bangalore, India for more than two decades. His companies undertook work in the high technology field of thermal and plasma sprayed coatings for the engineering and aerospace industries.
- He earned a Ph. D. in entrepreneurship from the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
- His undergraduate degree is from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
Prior to joining Fairfield, Dr. Sud taught entrepreneurship for three years at Augustana College, a private liberal arts college in Illinois. "An Entrepreneurial Journey in Academia," one of the papers he is currently working on, is a reflection of that experience.
Media Contact: Meg McCaffrey, (203) 254-4000, ext. 2726, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on October 2, 2009
Vol. 42, No. 76