Dr. Gwendoline M. Alphonso
Assistant Professor of Politics
o: Donnarumma Hall Rm 308
- Gwendoline Alphonso “Resurgent Parenthood – Organic Domestic Ideals & the Southern Family Roots of Conservative Ascendancy, 1980-2004” Polity Vol. 48 (2) (April 2016) forthcoming
- Gwendoline Alphonso "From Need to Hope: The American Family & Poverty in Partisan Discourse," Journal of Policy History 24:7 (Autumn 2015) 592-635.
- Gwendoline Alphonso ' “Public & Private Order: Law, Race, Morality and the Antebellum Courts of Louisiana, 1830-1860,” Journal of Southern Legal History, Vol. 23 (2015) forthcoming.
- Gwendoline Alphonso “Of Families or Individuals? Southern Child Workers & the Progressive Crusade for Child Labor Regulation, 1899-1920” in James Marten (ed.) Children and Youth during the Gilded Age and Progressive Period (New York: New York University Press, 2014) pp. 59-80.
- Gwendoline Alphonso "Hearth and Soul: Economics and Culture in Partisan Conceptions of the Family in the Progressive Era, 1900-1920" Studies in American Political Development 24: 2 (October 2010) pp. 206-232.
- Gwendoline Alphonso 'A Feminist Analysis of the Medical-Legal Dilemmas in the Provision of Contraception in India' 1999 Journal of Law and Medicine Vol. 3:231-267
- Gwendoline Alphonso 'Theoretical Models of Victim Compensation' 1997 Central India Law Quarterly Vol. 11:56-89.
- Gwendoline Alphonso 'The Right to Bail' 1997 Central India Law Quarterly Vol. 1: 29-61.
- Gwendoline Alphonso 'The Law Relating to Cruelty in Divorce Cases' 1996 (Oct) Lawyers' Collective
- Gwendoline Alphonso “A Feminist Perspective of Women's International Human Rights Law and the UN" 9 Student Advocate 42 (1997): 112-153