Dr. Dennis G. Hodgson
Professor of Sociology & Anthropology
o: Donnarumma Hall Rm 214
B.A., Fordham University
M.A., Ph.D., Cornell University
Current Research Interests
My current research interests have been on examining ...
- The uses of Malthusian arguments in antebellum debates over slavery.
- The formation of international population policy.
- Malthusian and Darwinian influences on 19th century American assessments of fertility decline.
My long term research interest is on tracing America's changing population agenda from 1750 to the present.
- HR 300: Interdisciplinary Inquiry
- SO 11: Introduction to Sociology
- SO 142: Sociology of the Family
- SO 184: Population:Birth,Death& Migra
- SO 191: Social Changes in Dev Nations