Dr. Angela Kim Harkins
Associate Professor of Religious Studies
o: Donnarumma Hall Rm 345
Harkins, Angela Kim. “The Pro-social Role of Grief in Ezra’s Penitential Prayer.” Biblical Interpretation (forthcoming).
- Harkins, Angela Kim. “The Emotional Re-experiencing of the Hortatory Narratives found in the Admonition of the Damascus Document.” Dead Sea Discoveries 22 (2015).
- Harkins, Angela Kim. “A Phenomenological Study of Penitential Elements and Their Strategic Arousal in the Qumran Hodayot (1QH cols. 1[?]-8).” Ancient Jewish Prayers and Emotions: A Study of the Emotions Associated with Prayer in the Jewish and Related Literature of the Second Temple Period. Edited by Renate Egger-Wenzel and Stefan C. Reif. DCLS 26. Berlin: de Gruyter, 2015.
- Harkins, Angela Kim. “A Fitting Inheritance for Job’s Daughters in the Testament of Job.” The Journal Henoch: Studies in Judaism and Christianity from Second Temple to Late Antiquity 36.1 (2014): 64-85.
- Harkins, Angela Kim. “Elements of the Fallen Angels Traditions in the Qumran Hodayot.” Pages 8- 24 in The Fallen Angels Traditions: Second Temple Developments and Reception History. Edited with Kelley Coblentz Bautch and John C. Endres, S. J. CBQMS 53. Washington, D.C.: The Catholic Biblical Association, 2014.
- The Watchers in Jewish and Christian Traditions. Edited with Kelley Coblentz Bautch and John Endres, S.J. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2014.
- Harkins, Angela Kim. “Cultivating Empathy and Mindfulness: Religious Praxis.” Pages 275-88 in Becoming Beholders: Cultivating Sacramental Imagination and Actions in College Classrooms. Edited by Thomas Landy and Karen Eifler. Collegeville, MN: Liturgical Press, 2014.
- Harkins, Angela Kim. Thanksgiving Hymns (Hodayot). Pages 2018-2094 in Outside the Bible: Ancient Jewish Writings Related to Scripture. Edited by Louis H. Feldman, James L. Kugel, and Lawrence H. Schiffman. The Jewish Publication Society/University of Nebraska Press, 2013.
- Harkins, Angela Kim. “Religious Experience through the Lens of Critical Spatiality: A Look at Embodiment Language in Prayers and Hymns.” Pages 223-42 in Experientia. Volume 2: Moving from Text to Experience. Edited by Colleen Shantz and Rodney Werline. Atlanta: Society of Biblical Literature, 2012.
- Reading with an "I" to the Heavens: Looking at the Qumran Hodayot through the Lens of Visionary Traditions. Ekstasis: Religious Experience from Antiquity to the Medieval Period 3. Berlin: de Gruyter, 2012.
- Eric J. Mason, Kelley Coblentz Bautch, Angela Kim Harkins, Daniel Machiela (eds.). A Teacher for All Generations: Essays in Honor of James C. VanderKam. JSJSup 153/II. Leiden: Brill, 2012.
- Harkins, Angela Kim. "Who is the Teacher of the Teacher Hymns? Re-examining the Teacher Hymns Hypothesis Fifty Years Later." Pages 449-67 inA Teacher for all Generations: Essays in Honor of James C. VanderKam. Gen. ed. Eric Mason; S. Thomas, A. Schofield, E.C. Ulrich. JSJSup 153/I; Leiden: Brill, 2012.
- Harkins, Angela Kim. "The Performative Reading of the Hodayot: The Arousal of Emotions and the Exegetical Generation of Texts." Journal for the Study of the Pseudepigrapha 21.1 (2011): 55-71.
- Harkins, Angela Kim. "Reading the Qumran Hodayot in Light of the Traditions Associated with Enoch." Henoch: Studies in Judaism and Christianity from Second Temple to Late Antiquity 32 (2010): 359-400.
- Harkins, Angela Kim, "A New Proposal for Thinking about 1QHA Sixty Years after Its Discovery." Pages 101-134 in Texts from Cave 1 Sixty Years after Their Discovery. Proceedings of the Sixth Meeting of the IOQS in Ljubljana. Ed. D. K. Falk, S. Metso, D. W. Parry, and E. J. C. Tigchelaar. STDJ 91. Leiden: Brill, 2010.
- Harkins, Angela Kim. "Biblical and Historical Perspectives on 'the People of God'." Pages 319-339 in Transforming Relations: Essays on Jews and Christians throughout History in Honor of Michael A. Signer. Edited by Franklin T. Harkins. Notre Dame: University of Notre Dame Press, 2010.
- Harkins, Angela Kim. "The Community Hymns Classification: A Proposal for Further Differentiation." Dead Sea Discoveries 15.1 (2008): 121-154.
- Harkins, Angela Kim; Franklin Taylor Harkins. '"Old Latin/Vulgate" section in "Bible, ancient translations." Encyclopedia Judaica, Revised. Ed. Fred Skolnik. Jerusalem: Jerusalem Publishing House, 2007.
- Harkins, Angela Kim. "Theological Attitudes toward the Scriptural Text: Lessons from the Qumran and Syriac Exegetical Traditions." Theological Studies 67.3 (2006): 498-516.
- Kim, Angela Y. "Observations on the Editorial Shaping of the So-called Community Hymns in 1QHaand 4Q427 (4QHa)." Dead Sea Discoveries12.3 (2005): 233-256.
- Kim, Angela Y. "Authorizing Interpretation in Poetic Compositions in the Dead Sea Scrolls and Later Jewish and Christian Traditions." Dead Sea Discoveries10.1 (2003): 26-58.
- Kim, Angela Y. "A Study of the Textual Alignment of the Tabernacle Sections of 4Q365 (fragments 8a-b, 9a-bi, 9b ii, 12a i, 12b iii)." Textus: Studies of the Hebrew University Bible Project21. (2002): 45-69.
- Kim, Angela Y. "Cain and Abel in the Light of Envy: A Study in the History of the Interpretation of Envy in Genesis 4:1-16." Journal for the Study of the Pseudepigrapha12.1 (2001): 65-84.