Dr. Susan D. Franzosa
Professor of Curriculum & Instruction
o: Canisius Hall Rm 102
- Ordinary Lessons: Girlhoods of the 1950s, New York: Peter Lang Publishing, 1999.
- Civic Education: Its Limits and Conditions, Ann Arbor, MI: Prakken Publications, 1988.
- Integrating Women's Studies into the Curriculum, with Karen Mazza, Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1984.
“Editorial” and “Preface to the Inaugural Volume,” Educating Women: Journal of the Society for Educating Women Vol. 1, no. 1, October 2012.
"Building Intergenerational Networks of Support for Women in Academe," and "Editor's Note," Vitae Scholasticae, 37 (2), 2010.
- "Vulnerability and Mastery: Lessons from the Teaching Life of Anne Sexton - Essay Review," Vitae Scholasticae, 2009.
- "Elizabeth Palmer Peabody," "Patty Smith Hill," "Kate Douglas Wiggin," and "Lucy Wheelock," Encyclopedia of the Social and Cultural Foundations of Education, edited Eugene Provenzo, SAGE Publications, 2008.
- "Mapping a Terrain for Homeplace: A Response to Helen Anderson's Learning (&Leaving) the Comforts of Home," Philosophy of Education, 2007.
- "Negotiating the Territories: Autonomy and Accountability in American Higher Education," in Universities in the Era of Late Modernity, Ed. Dimitris Mattheou, Athens, Greece: Center of Comparative and International Education, 2002, 299-321.
- "Culture and Schooling in the United States of America," World Yearbook of Education 2001: Values, Culture and Education , Ed. Jo Cairns, Denis Lawton and Roy Gardner, London: Kogan Page Ltd, 2001, 298-316.
- "Evaluation Systems in Higher Education in the United States," World Yearbook of Education 1996: The Evaluation of Higher Education Systems, Ed. Robert Cowen, London: Kogan Page Ltd, 1996, 23-49.
- "Shaking the Foundations: How Schools Shortchange Girls," NWSA Journal, 5(3) Fall 1993, 325-339. "John Holt and School Reform in the 1960s," in American Activists: Leaders of the 1960s Generation, Ed. David DeLeon, Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1993.
- "Authoring the Educated Self: Educational Autobiography and Resistance," Educational Theory, 42(4) Fall 1992, 395-412.