Dr. Ron M. Davidson
Professor of Religious Studies
o: Donnarumma Hall Rm 344
- 21st Century Humanities Institute Fellow, 2012.
- Fairfield University Faculty Recognition Award for Extraordinary Excellence in Research and Scholarship, 2010.
- Elected Religious Studies Departmental Scholar, 2008-09.
- The Organization of a Panel of seven scholars at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Religion, “An Evaluation of Ronald M. Davidson’s Indian Esoteric Buddhism: A Social History of the Tantric Movement”, 2003.
- Ryukoku University Numata Fellow, 2011.
- American Council of Learned Societies Fellow, 2010-2011.
- National Endownment for the Humanities Fellow, 2010-2011.
- Robert Wall Senior Research Award, 2004.
- Fulbright Senior Research Fellowship to India, 1996-97.
- American Institute of Indian Studies Senior Research Fellow, 1988.
- Fulbright Junior Research Fellow, Sampurnand Sanskrit University, Varanasi India, 1983-84
- "Literature on the Buddha’s Coronal Mark: A Study of Seventh Century Tantric Documents." Fairfield Summer Research Stipend, 2009
- "Travel to Uttarkhand pilgrimage sites." Fairfield Research grant, 2004.
- American Academy of Religion, Grant for Epigraphic Research in India, 2001.
- ASIANetwork Freeman Student-Faculty Research Fellowship to Nepal, 2000.
- Humanities Insitute travel grant: travel to archives in South Asia, 1999.