Dr. Robbin D. Crabtree
Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences
o: Canisius Hall Rm 100
- Ford, L. A., Crabtree, R. D., & Hubbell, A. (2009). Crossing Borders in Health Communication Research: Toward an Ecological Understanding of Context, Complexity, and Consequences in Community-Based Health Education in the U.S.-Mexico Borderlands. Health Communication, 24, 608-618.
- Crabtree, R. D., Sapp, D. A., & Licona, A. C. (Eds.). (2009). Feminist Pedagogy: Looking Back to Move Forward. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Crabtree, R. D., Sapp, D. A., Licona, A. (2009). The passion and the praxis of feminist pedagogy: An NWSAJ Retrospective. In R. D. Crabtree, D. A., Sapp, and L. A. Licona (Eds), Feminist Pedagogy: A Retrospective of the National Women Studies Association Journal (introduction).
- Crabtree, R. D. (2008). Theoretical foundations for international service learning. Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning, 15(1),18-36.
- Crabtree, R. D., & Sapp, D. A. (with A. Malespín & G. Norori). (2008). Realizing the University Mission in Partnership with Nicaragua: Internationalization, Diversity, and Social Justice. In Doreen Starke-Meyerring and Ann Hill Duin (Eds.). Designing Global Learning Environments: Visionary Partnerships, Policies, and Pedagogies. Rotterdam: Sense Publications.
- Crabtree, R. D., & Ford, L. A. (2006). Community Activist and/or Communication Consultant: Managing the Dialectics of Outsider-Within Status at a Sexual Assault Recovery Services Center. In L. Frey and K. Carragee (Eds.), Communication Activism: Vol. 1, Communication for Social Change (pp. 235-271). Cresskill, NJ: Hampton.
- Crabtree, R. D., & Sapp, D. A. (2005). Technical Communication, Participatory Action Research, and Global Civic Engagement: A Teaching, Research and Social Action Collaboration in Kenya. Reflections: A Journal of Writing, Service-Learning, and Community Literacy, 4(2), 9-33.
- Crabtree, R. D., & Sapp, D. A. (2004). Your Culture, My Classroom, Whose Pedagogy?: Negotiating Learning and Understanding in a Brazilian MA-TESOL Program. Journal of Studies in International Education Research, 8(1), 105-132.
- Crabtree, R. D., & Sapp, D. A. (2003). Theoretical, Political, and Pedagogical Challenges in the Feminist Classroom: Our Struggles to “Walk the Walk.” College Teaching, 51(4), 131-140.
- Crabtree, R. D., & Malhotra, S. (2000). A case study of commercial television in India: Assessing the organizational mechanisms of cultural imperialism. Journal of Broadcasting and Electronic Media, 44: 364-385.
- Crabtree, R. D. (1996). Community radio in Sandinista Nicaragua, 1979-1992: The evolution of participatory radio in the revolutionary process. The Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, 16(2): 221-241.