Dr. Javier F. Campos
Professor of Modern Languages & Literature
o: Canisius Hall Rm 222
- Javier Campos was honored as a distinguished guest by the major of the town of Masaya, and the city of Granada, Nicaragua, February 2006 when he attended the II International Poetry Conference in February, 2006.
- While I was in El Salvador for the III International Poetry Conference, I received an special Guest Honor from the City of Quezaltepe by the Major, May 23, 2006, for my cultural contribution to that town, 2006.
- Third Prize for my poetry book in the “Chicano/Latino Literary Award," University of California, Irvine, 2005.
- Honorary Mention Prize (Second Prize), “Premio Municipal de Literatura,” for the best short story book published in 2003 in Santiago, Chile, for the book La Mujer que se parecia a Sharon Stone, 2004.
- First Prize in Poetry, International Award “Juan Rulfo,” Radio Francia International, France, for the poem “Los Gatos” (It was also published on a website dedicated to the award.), 2002.
- Finalist in Poetry (Second Prize), Casa de las Americas Award, in Havana, Cuba, for the best poetry book manuscript published as El Astronauta en Llamas (2000), 1998.
- First Prize Poetry Award, Letras de Oro, for Hispanic Writers in the USA for the best poetry book manuscript published as Las Cartas Olvidades del Astronauta (1991), 1989.
- A thesis was written by the student Carolina Diaz Zapata, 52 pages long, under the title: “La configuracion ficcional del yo en el Astronauta de Javier Campos”. Santiago de Chile, Chile, October 2004. I.