Dr. Qin Zhang
Associate Professor of Communication
o: Donnarumma Hall Rm 205
- Zhang, Q., Ting-Toomey, S., & Oetzel, J. G. (2014). Linking emotion to the conflict face-negotiation theory: A U.S.-China investigation of the mediating effects of anger, compassion, and guilt in interpersonal conflict. Human Communication Research,40, 373-395.
- Zhang, Q. (2014). Emotion matters in serial arguments: The effects of anger and compassion on perceived resolvability and relationship confidence. Communication Research Reports, 31, 102-109.
- Zhang, Q. (2014). Assessing the effects of instructor enthusiasm on classroom engagement, learning goal orientation, and academic self-efficacy. Communication Teacher, 28, 44-56.
- Zhang, Q., Andreychik, M., Sapp, D. A., & Arendt, C. (2014). The dynamic interplay of interaction goals, emotion, and conflict styles: Testing a model of intrapersonal and interpersonal effects on conflict styles. International Journal of Communication, 8, 534-557.
- Zhang, Q., & Gibson, D. (2013). Employee happiness and compliance with supervisor requests: The effects of supervisor caring and interactional justice. Pennsylvania Communication Annual, 69, 61-82.
- Zhang, Q., & Zhang, J. (2013). Instructors' positive emotions: Effects on student engagement and critical thinking in U.S. and Chinese classrooms. Communication Education, 62, 395-411.
- Maier, G.-A., Zhang, Q., & Clark, A. (2013). Self-disclosure and emotional closeness in intracultural friendships: A cross-cultural comparison among U.S. Americans and Romanians. Journal of Intercultural Communication Research, 42, 22-34.
- Zhang, Q., & Sapp, D. A. (2013). Psychological reactance and resistance intention in the classroom: Effects of perceived request politeness and legitimacy, relationship distance, and teacher credibility. Communication Education, 62, 1-25.
- Zhang, Q., & Zhang, J. (2012). Conflict types, resolution, and relational satisfaction: A U.S.-China investigation. Intercultural Communication Studies, 21, 41-52
- Zhang, Q., Zhang, J., & Castelluccio, A. (2011). A cross-cultural investigation of student resistance in college classrooms: The effects of teacher misbehaviors and credibility. Communication Quarterly, 59, 450-464.
- Zhang, Q. (2011). Teacher immediacy, credibility, and clarity as predictors of student affective learning: A Chinese investigation. China Media Research, 7, 95-103.
- Zhang, Qin. 'Perceptions of Asian Americans: Stereotypes and Effects.' Communication Currents 5.1 (2010).
- Zhang, Qin. 'Asian Americans beyond the model minority stereotype: The nerdy and the left out.' Journal of International and Intercultural Communication 3.1 (2010): 20-37.
- Zhang, Qin. 'Perceived teacher credibility and student learning: Development of a multi-cultural model.' Western Journal of Communication 73.3 (2009): 326-347.
- Sapp, David Alan; Zhang, Qin. 'Trends in industry supervisors' feedback on business communication internships.' Business Communication Quarterly 72.3 (2009): 274-288.
- Zhang, Qin. 'Family types and children's socio-communicative style: A Chinese investigation.' Journal of Intercultural Communication Research 37.2 (2008): 157-167.
- Zhang, Qin; Sapp, David Alan.. 'A burning issue in teaching: The impact of teacher burnout and nonverbal immediacy on student motivation and affective learning.' Journal of Communication Studies 1.2 (2008): 152-168.
- Zhang, Qin; Zhu, Weihong. 'Exploring emotion in teaching: Emotional labor, burnout, and satisfaction in Chinese higher education.' Communication Education 57. (2008): 105-122.
- Zhang, Qin; Oetzel, John; Gao, Xiaofang; Wilcox, Richard; Takai, Jiro. 'Teacher immediacy scales: Testing for validity across cultures.' Communication Education 56.2 (2007): 228-248.
- Zhang, Qin. 'Family communication patterns and conflict styles in Chinese parent-child relationships.' Communication Quarterly 55.1 (2007): 113-128.
- Zhang, Qin. 'Teacher misbehaviors as learning demotivators in college classrooms: A cross-cultural investigation in China, Germany, Japan, and the United States.' Communication Education 56.2 (2007): 209-227.