Dr. Kathleen A. Wheeler
Professor of Nursing
o: School of Nursing Rm 109
- 2009 Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing (FAAN)
- Distinguished Alumni Cornell University-New York Hospital School of Nursing, 2004.
- Annual Sigma Theta Tau MuChi Award for Excellence in Nursing: Nursing Research, 1996.
- Award for Innovative Curricular Design of $1000 from Lehman College of CUNY for proposal Integrating Empathy Training Into the Undergraduate Nursing Curriculum, 1992.
- 2008 AJN Book of the Year Award for Psychotherapy for the Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse.
- 2008 American Psychiatric Nurses Association Media Award for book Psychotherapy for the Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse St. Louis:Elsevier Health Sciences.
- 2008 American Psychiatric Nurses Association Award for Excellence in Practice APRN
- 2004 American Psychiatric Nurses Association Award for Excellence in Education.
- Sigma Theta Tau Chapter Newsletter Article Award for “Evidence Based Practice” in MuChi Newsletter, 2001.
- Senior Summer Fellowship from Fairfield University: An Outcome Study of Psychotherapy Patients Treated with EMDR., $7,000 awarded, 2008-present P.I. for national interdisciplinary multi-site research project, I wrote the proposal and other mental health professionals are collecting data on their clients under my direction.
- Fairfield University grant award for A Prospective EMDR Outcome Study.$1000.00; 2005-2006; I wrote the grant and collected data on my clients as a pilot study.
- vonAmerigen Foundation for Mental Health Services Program at The Health Promotion Center; $95,545; 1999 -2002; Project Director and P.I. I wrote the proposal and directed other APRNs, RNs & nursing students who did data collection and program delivery.
- Fairfield University Summer Stipend for Alexithymia, Depression and Binge Eating in Women; $2500; 1995-1996; Project Director and P.I., I wrote the proposal & collected the data & the research assistant coded the data and the 2nd author of the resulting publication analyzed the data.