Dr. Brian G. Walker
Associate Professor of Biology
o: Bannow Science Center Rm 221
- Student Travel Award, Pacific Seabird Group 30th Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Canada, 2003.
- Student Travel Award, The Waterbird Society 26th Annual Meeting, La Crosse, WI, 2002.
- First place 1999 Student Spoken Paper Award, Society for Conservation Biology Annual Meeting, Blaine, WA, 1999.
- Second Place - Outstanding Student Presentation - Pacific Seabird Group 26th Annual Meeting, Blaine, WA, 1999.
- Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society, Drake University, 1990.
- AlphaLambda Delta Freshman Honor Society, Drake University, 1987.
- Beta Beta Beta Biology Fraternity, Drake University, 1987.
- Fulbright Fellowship - Brazil - Fall 2012. Physiological Ecology in the Atlantic Coastal Rainforest Ecosystems of Brazil - Additional Tools for Conservation
- Robert E Wall Faculty Award, Fairfield University – Physiological Ecology in the Atlantic Coastal Rainforest Ecosystem of Brazil – Additional tools for Conservation. Spring Semester (2013) Sabbatical Leave.
- Fairfield University Office of Academic Affairs Faculty Recognition Award for Extraordinary Excellence in Teaching and Pedagogy. (2010)
- Fairfield University Science Institute – The use of fruiting Miconia calvescens by the avian communities of the southwest Costa Rican montaine forests. $950
- Tropical Environmental Science: Study Abroad for Science and Non-Science Majors in Brazil. US Department of State - $300,000 2010-2012
- Assessment of the impact of tourism in a Magellanic Penguin (Spheniscus magellanicus) colony located at Peninsula Valdes, Chubut. CREO - Conservation Research and Education Opportunities. 2009. With student co-author, Cecilia Villanueva. $4129
- The Effects Anthropogenic Disturbances on the Hormonal Stress Response in Avian Species: Two Latin American Systems. Fairfield University. 2008.
- Assessment of Breeding Activity and Physiology in Cavity Nesting Passerine Birds on the Fairfield University Campus. Summer Research Stipend, Fairfield University. 2007.
- Research Grant. American Orinthologist’s Union. 2002.
- Sigma Xi Grant in Aid. Sigma Xi Grant in Aid. 2001.
- Chapman Fund Research Award. American Museum of Natural History. 2000.
- Richard C. Snyder Award for Research in Vertebrate Biology. Department of Zoology, U.W.. 1998.
- Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship. Dalhoisie University. 1990.
- Scholarship. Drake University. 1989.
- Presidential Scholarship. Drake University. 1989.
- Scholarship. Drake University. 1986.
- Presidential Scholarship. Drake University. 1986.