Dr. Ellen M. Umansky
Carl & Dorothy Bennett Chair in Judaic Studies & Professor of Religious Studies
o: Donnarumma Hall Rm 245
- Umansky, Ellen M., "Between Sisters," ed. Sue Levi Elwell and Nancy Fuchs Kreimer. Chapters of the Heart: Jewish Women Sharing the Torah of Our Lives. Eugene, Or., 2013, 20-26.
- Umansky, Ellen M., "Some are Guilty, All are Responsible," We Have Sinned: Sin and Confession in Judaism (Ashamnu and Al Chet), ed. Lawrence A. Hoffman. Woodstock, Vt.: 2012, 232-234.
- Umansky, Ellen M., "Foreward" in Steven J. Kaplan, Healing in the Jewish Tradition: Concept and Process in Jewish Science. Lanham, Md., 2011, vii-x.
- Umansky, Ellen M., "Paula Ackerman: Pioneer in the Pulpit," Southern Jewish History (2011) 14: 77-117.
Umansky, Ellen M., "Ritualizing Kol Nidre: The Power of Three," All These Vows: Kol Nidre, ed. Larence A. Hoffman. Woodstock, Vt. 2011. 214-217.
Umansky, Ellen M., "The Presence of God at Auschwitz: Theological Reflections on the Work of Melissa Raphael," Holocaust Studies: A Journal of Culture and History 15 (2010) 3: 5-12.
- Umansky, Ellen M., "Everything Has Consequences." Who By Fire, Who By Water: Un'taneh Tokef, ed. Lawrence A. Hoffman. Woodstock Vt. 2010. 232-234.
- Umansky, Ellen M.; Ashton, Dianne, ed. Four Centuries of Jewish Women's Spirituality: A Sourcebook, Second Edition. Hanover: University Press of New England, 2008.
- Umansky, Ellen M.. "Piety, Persuasion, and Friendship: A History of Jewish Women’s Spirituality." Four Centuries of Jewish Women's Spirituality: A Sourcebook. Revised edition. ed. Umansky, Ellen M..; Ashton, Dianne. University Press of New England, 2008. 1-36.
- Umansky, Ellen M.. "Women and Contemporary Revelation." The Torah: A Women's Commentary. ed. Eskenazi, Tamara Cohn.; Weiss, Andrea. Union of Reform Judaism Press, 2008. lvi-lix.
- Umansky, Ellen M.. "Women in Jewish Life." An Anthology of Living Religions, Second Edition. ed. Fisher, Mary Pat.; Bailey, Lee W.. Prentice Hall, 2008. 213-216.
- Umansky, Ellen M. From Christian Science to Jewish Science: Spiritual Healing and American Jews. New York: Oxford University Press, 2005.