Dr. Debra M. Strauss
Associate Professor of Business Law
o: Dolan School of Business Rm 2118
- Debra M. Strauss, "Food Security and Safety" in K. Ludlow, S.J. Smyth and J. Falck-Zepeda (Eds.), Socio-economic Considerations in Biotechnology Regulation. Springer Science+Business Media, LLC (2014): 109-123.
- Debra M. Strauss, "It’s Wise to be Proactive: Learn about the FDA’s New Food Safety Regulations Now," Food Manufacturing (Nov. 4, 2013).
Debra M. Strauss, "Putting it in Perspective: Understanding the History of the Timing Issue and Making Lemonade," AbovetheLaw.com (Nov. 8, 2013).
- Debra M. Strauss, Op-Ed, U.S. News & World Report: Debate Club: Should Consumers Worry about Genetically Modified Foods?, "Until Proven Otherwise, GMOs Aren't Safe" (June 5, 2013).
- Debra M. Strauss, "Liability for Genetically Modified Food: Are GMOs a Tort Waiting to Happen?". The SciTech Lawyer 9.2 (2012): 8-13.
- Debra M. Strauss, "The Role of Courts, Agencies, and Congress in GMOs: A Multilateral Approach to Ensuring the Safety of the Food Supply". Idaho Law Review 48.2 (2012): 267-319.
- Debra M. Strauss, "Achieving the Food Safety Mandate: Bringing the USDA to the Table". Hamline Journal of Public Law and Policy 33.1 (2011): 1-47.
- Debra M. Strauss, "An Analysis of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act: Protection for Consumers and Boon for Business". Food and Drug Law Journal 66.3 (2011): 353-376.
- Debra M. Strauss, "We Reap What We Sow: The Legal Liability Risks of Genetically Modified Food". Journal of Legal Studies in Business 16 (2010): 149-177.
- Debra M. Strauss, "The Application of TRIPS to GMOs: International Intellectual Property Rights and Biotechnology". Stanford Journal of International Law 45.1 (2009): 287-320.
- Debra M. Strauss and Melanie C. Strauss, "Globalization and National Sovereignty: Controlling the International Food Supply in the Age of Biotechnology". Journal of Legal Studies in Business 15 (2009): 75-94.
- Debra M. Strauss, "Reaching Out to the International Community: Civil Lawsuits as the Common Ground in the Battle against Terrorism". Duke Journal of Comparative and International Law 19.2 (2009): 307-356.
- Debra M. Strauss, "Feast or Famine: The Impact of the WTO Decision Favoring the U.S. Biotechnology Industry in the EU Ban of Genetically Modified Foods". American Business Law Journal 45.4 (2008): 775-826.
- Debra M. Strauss, "Defying Nature: The Ethical Implications of Genetically Modified Plants". Journal of Food Law & Policy 3.1 (2007): 1-37.
- Debra M. Strauss, "The International Regulation of Genetically Modified Organisms: Importing Caution into the U.S. Food Supply". Food and Drug Law Journal 61.2 (2006): 167-196.
- Debra M. Strauss, "Genetically Modified Organisms in Food: a Model of Labeling and Monitoring with Positive Implications for International Trade". The International Lawyer 40.1 (2006): 95-119.
- Debra M. Strauss, "Enlisting the U.S. Courts in a New Front: Dismantling the International Business Holdings of Terrorist Groups Through Federal Statutory and Common-Law Suits". Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law 38.3 (2005): 679-742.
- Debra M. Strauss, "Judge for Yourself". Student Lawyer (American Bar Association Publishing) 32.7 (2004): 24-30.
- Debra M. Strauss, "Diversity Begins at Home: Supreme Court Clerkships and Affirmative Action, Jurist: The Legal Education Network (April 4, 2003).
- Debra M. Strauss, Behind the Bench: The Guide to Judicial Clerkships. BarBri Group (2002).
Most of these articles are available at: http://ssrn.com/author=1078423.