Dr. James Simon
Professor of English
o: Donnarumma Hall Rm 106
- Member, editorial board, Applied Environmental Education and Communication: An International Journal, 2005-present
- Elected head, Small Programs Interest Group, Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, 2004-2005, 2004.
- Member, editorial board, Newspaper Research Journal, 2003-present
- Fellow, national journalism fellowship for journalism professors, Institute for Journalism Excellence, American Society of Newspaper Executives, 2000.
- Scholar in Residence, Department of Communication, University of Tennessee/Chattanooga, 1994.
- President, Massachusetts Statehouse Press Association, 1986.
- Fellow Eagleton Unstitute of Politics, Rutgers University, 1976.
Recipient, 2003 Teacher of the Year award, Small Programs Interest Group. Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, AEJMC convention, Kansas City, MO, 2003.
- Approved for research Sabbatical. Fairfield University. 2007.
- Humanities Institute grant from Fairfield University to bring political journalist and author Linda Killian to campus. Fairfield University. 2000.
- Departmental grant to bring Dr. Ford Burkhart, a foreign editor with the New York Times to Fairfield as a day-long “scholar in residence” and to deliver a formal address on “Chasing the world’s house thieves, liars and bullies: How The New York Times decides what’s news in the 1990s”. Fairfield University. 1998.
- CAS grant to bring 25 students to New York City to tour The New York Times and meet reporters/editors. Fairfield University. 1998.
- UOP faculty development grant to study impact of the news media on the election process. 1995.