Dr. Amalia Rusu
Associate Professor of Software Engineering
o: Bannow Science Center Rm 300B
- Full Research Scholarship, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
- Test Coordinator for the GE Computer Science Competition, 2008, 2009 and 2010 (http://www.ge.com/gecomputerscience/about.html)
- Connecticut Women of Innovations Finalist in Academic Innovation and Leadership, 2013 & 2014
- 38th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education NAE CASEE New Faculty Fellow, 2009 (including conference travel grant sponsored by National Academy of Engineering and Center for the Advancement of Scholarship on Engineering Education)
- Faculty Professional Learning Communities (FPLC) Award (WiSTEM group), 2010, Fairfield University
- Federal Aviation Administration Certificate of Appreciation, 2008 and 2009
- Ethics in Software Engineering, Applied Ethics Summer Research Grant, Fairfield University, 2013.
- Google Apps and Gaming Tools for CS Education, Google, 2013.
- Fairfield University Computing Education Academy, ASML Foundation, UI and private donors, 2013.
- Introducing Gaming Tools for Computing Education in STEM Related Curricula, Google, 2012.
- A Rapid Simulation Environment for Rotorcrafts, Research Grant, NASA Connecticut Space Grant Consortium, 2011-2012.
- A Human Interactive Proof System Using Tree-Based Handwritten CAPTCHAs, Research Grant, Fairfield University,Summer 2009.
- Transforming Web Development into a Service Learning Course, Service Learning Course Development Grant, Fairfield University,2009 - 2010.
- Securing Cyberspace Using Human Reading Abilities of Handwritten Words and Sentences, Mark Diamond Research Grant, University at Buffalo, 2005 - 2006.