Dr. Amalia I. Rusu
Associate Professor of Software Engineering
o: Bannow Science Center Rm 300B
September 2007 - present (* denotes Fairfield University students):
- A comparative study of academic partnerships from a student perspective, with Spoorthy Gowda*, Proc. of 41st Annual ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE 2011), Rapid City, SD, 2011.
- Using the Gestalt Principle of Closure to Alleviate the Edge Crossing Problem in Graph Drawings, with Andrew Fabian, Radu Jianu, and Adrian Rusu, 15th International Conference on Information Visualization (IV 2011), IEEE Computer Society, ISBN 978-1-4577-0868-8, pp. 488-493, 2011.
- Leveraging Cognitive Factors in Securing WWW with CAPTCHA, with Rebecca Docimo* and Adrian Rusu,Proc. of USENIX Conference on Web Applications (USENIX WebApps' 10), Boston, MA, June 2010.
- Generation and Use of Handwritten CAPTCHAs, with Achint Oommen Thomas and Venu Govindaraju, International Journal on Document Analysis and Recognition (IJDAR), Springer-Verlag, Vol. 13,Issue 1, pp. 49-64, 2010.
- Synthetic Handwritten CAPTCHAs, with Achint Oommen Thomas and Venu Govindaraju, invited to International Journal of Pattern Recognition, Special Issue on Handwriting, Vol. 42(12), pp. 3365-3373, 2009.
- Securing the Web Using Human Perception and Visual Object Interpretation, with Rebecca Docimo*, Proc. of 13th International Conference on Information Visualization (IV 2009), IEEE Computer Society 2009, ISBN 978-0-7695-3733-7, pp. 613-618, 2009.
- Academia-Academia-Industry Collaborations on Software Engineering Projects Using Local-Remote Teams, with Adrian Rusu, Rebecca Docimo*, Confesor Santiago, and Mike Paglione, Proc. of 40th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE 2009), Chattanooga, TN, 2009.
- Integrating a Research Component into a Web Development Introductory Course, with Bridget Keyes*,Proc. of 38th Annual ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE 2008), Saratoga Springs, NY, 2008.
- An Industry-Academia Team-Teaching Case Study for Software Engineering Capstone Courses, with Mike Swenson,Proc. of 38th Annual ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE 2008), Saratoga Springs, NY, 2008.
- Synthetic Handwriting Generator for Cyber Security, with Uros Midic and Venu Govindaraju,Proc. of 13th Conference of the International Graphonomics Society (IGS 2007), Melbourne, Australia, 2007.
- Overcoming Limited Resources: An Academy-Government Partnership on Software Engineering and Capstone Projects, with Adrian Rusu, Mike Paglione, Fred Snyder, and Confesor Santiago,Proc. of 37th Annual ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE 2007), Milwaukee, WI, 2007.
- Pushing Beyond Traditional School and Course Boundaries: High School and University Students Collaborate On an Interdisciplinary Project, with Adrian Rusu, Jennifer Kay, and Hong Zhang,Proc. of 37th Annual ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE 2007), Milwaukee, WI, 2007.
- Non-Writer Specific Handwriting Generation for the CAPTCHA Application, with Achint Oommen Thomas, Smruthi Mukund, and Venu Govindaraju,Proc. of Western New York Image Processing Workshop, IEEE Signal Processing Society, Rochester, NY, 2007