Dr. R. James Long
Professor of Philosophy
o: Donnarumma Hall Rm 310
- President, Society for Medieval and Renaissance Philosophy, 2000-2002.
- Yale Visiting Fellowship, Philosophy Department, 1996.
- NEH Summer Stipend, 1988.
- NEH Summer Seminar for College Teachers, Columbia University, 1987
- American Philosophical Society Grant, 1984.
- NEH Summer Seminar for College Teachers, Yeshiva University, 1984.
- Yale Visiting Faculty Fellowship, 1982.
- NEH Summer Seminar for College Teachers, Fordham University, 1981.
- American Council of Learned Societies Grant-in-Aid, 1977.
- American Philsophical Society Grant, 1977.
- Associate of Clare Hall, Cambridge University, 1977.
- NEH Summer Stipend, 1974.
- Canada Council Post-doctoral Fellowship, 1969.
- Fulbright Scholarship (Italy and U.K.), 1968.
- Canada Council Doctoral Fellowship, 1967.
- Province of Ontario Graduate Fellowships, 1966.
- Fellow of Massey College, Toronto, 1965.
Warren W. Wooden Citation, PMR Conference, 1989.
Fairfield University Faculty Recognition Award for Extraordinary Excellence in Research and Scholarship.
- Fairfield University Summer Stipend 1974, 1984, 1986, 1989, 1996
- Fairfield University Senior Summer Stipend 2012
- St. Francis of Assisi and the Thirteenth Century: held in Rome, Siena and Assisi. NEH Seminar for College Teachers. 2006.
- travel grant: The completion of the edition of Richard Fishacre’s Commentary on the Sentences. Fairfield University Research Committee. 2005.
- Book II of Richard Fishacre’s Commentary on the Sentences, a critical edition. Research Committee, Fairfield U. 2004.
- Editions/Texts Grant, Edition of Richard Fishacre’s Sentences-Commentary 1-2. NEH. 1992.
- Scholarly Publications Grant. NEH. 1979.