Dr. Danke Li
Professor of History
o: Canisius Hall Rm 316
- Echoes of Chongqing: Women in Wartime China. University of Illinois Press, 2010.
- 女性，战争与记忆：35名重庆妇女的抗战经历 (Women, War and Memory: 35 Chongqing Women's Experiences during the Second Sino-Japanese War), Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2013.
- “Education Gender Inequality,” In Zha Qiang (Ed.), Education in China: Educational History, Models, and Initiatives. Great Barrington, MA: Berkshire Publishing, pp, 331-339, 2013.
- “Ecofeminist Literary Criticism in China: A Window into China’s Academic Globalization,” Asian Women, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 37-58, 2012.
“家庭教育决策在中国农村教育社会性别不平等中的含义” (Household Decisions on Education and Its Implications for Gender Inequality in Rural China), in Zeng Manchao and Ding Xiaohao,ed., Efficiency, equity, and Adequacy: Financial Reform of China’s Compulsory Education, Beijing: Beijing University Press, pp. 131-149 (In Chinese), 2010.
- Li, Danke. '"Women's Movement in the Chongqing Region during China's War of Resistance against Japan, 1938-45." Chinese Historical Review (March), 2009. 27-59.
- Li, Danke. "Chinese Physical Education." Encyclopedia of Modern China Ed. David Pong, Charles Scribner's Sons, 2009.
- Li, Danke. '"Gender Inequality in Education in Rural China".' Holding Up Half the Sky: Chinese Women in the Past, Present, and Future. Ed. Tao, Jie; Zheng, Bijun; Mow, Shirley. the Feminist Press, 2004. 123-136.
- Li, Danke. '"Popular Culture in the Making of Anti-imperialist and Anti-Qing Sentiment in Sichuan".' Modern China 30.number 4 (2004): 470-505.
- Li, Dankeand Tsang, Mun C.. 'Household Decisions and Gender Inequality in Education in Rural China.' China: An International Journal 1.2 (2003): 224-248.
- Li, Danke. 'Gender Inequality in Access to Knowledge in China.' The China Review 2.1 (2002): 121-136