Dr. Wendy R. Kohli
Professor of Curriculum & Instruction
o: Canisius Hall Rm 110
- Fairfield University Faculty Research stipend, for bibliographic research and manuscript preparation on Feminism(s) and Educational Research, 2003.
- Visiting Scholar in Philosophy of Education (by invitation), University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand (spring semester), 1995.
- SUNY Chancellor’s 1991-92 Award for Conversations in the Disciplines Program “East-West Dialogue: Toward a Dialectical Understanding of Pedagogy”, 1991.
- Nuala Drescher Award, SUNY one-year pre-tenure Research Fellowship, 1990.
- SUNY-Moscow Faculty Exchange in Philosophy of Education, Moscow State University, Moscow, USSR, Department of Education and Culture (summer), 1989.
- Dean’s Award, SUNY Binghamton, School of Education and Human Development, 1987.
- Support for Bridgeport Higher Education Alliance. The Nellie Mae Education Foundation Collaborated with President Neil Salonen and Dean Jim Ritchie, University of Bridgeport (BHEA effort). 2006.
- Religion in Public Life. The Bradley Foundation Collaborated with Dr. Jay Buss, Dr. Kurt Schilichting, Rev. Rick Ryscavage and Rev. Jim Bowler. 2006.
- Preparing to Prepare Teachers: Improving Math and Science Education. Teacher Quality Partnership Grant Program, Connecticut Department of Higher Education Collaborated with Dr. Jennifer Goldberg and Dr. Pat Calderwood from GSEAP and Dr. Michael Brienza from the CAS. 2006.
- Education Beyond High School for All Bridgeport Youth for the Bridgeport Higher Education Alliance. Paul Newman Family Foundation. 2005.
- Transforming Teacher Education at Fairfield University: A Comprehensive Curriculum for Social Responsibility, Civil Engagement and Moral Development. CEP (Character Education Partnership). 2003.
- Leaving No Child Behind: A Program for Civic Responsibility. FIPSE (Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education) Collaborated as third author with Dr. Lisa Newton and Dr. Pat Calderwood. 2003.