Dr. Virginia Kelly
Associate Professor of Counselor Education
o: Canisius Hall Rm 118
- Award for the Outstanding Contribution to Counselor Education in the field of addictions from the International Association of Addictions and Offender Counseling, 2005.
- Professional Service Award from the International Association of Addictions and Offender Counseling, 2003.
- Outstanding Alumni Award from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 2001.
- Dr. Nuala McGann Drescher Award from the New York State/United University Professors, Joint Labor Management Committees, 1998.
- Chi Sigma Iota National Outstanding Researcher Award from Chi Sigma Iota International Honorary Society for a paper entitled Parental Alcoholism and Coping: A Comparison of Female Children of Alcoholics with Female Children of Non-Alcoholics, 1996.
- Chi Sigma Iota International Honorary Society, 1987.
- Recipient, Brinkman Foundation Grant: to conduct research on codependence in families, 2010.
- Redcay Teaching Award. Plattsburgh State University of New York. 1998.
- Presidential Research Award. Plattsburgh State University. 1998.
- Technology Funds Committee, Recipient, Development Grant. Plattsburgh State University of New York. 1997.
- Technology Funds Committee, Recipient, Discovery Grant. Plattsburgh State University of New York. 1996.
- Principal Investigator. University of Cincinnati, Summer Mentoring Research Program. 1994.
- Trainer/Developer, assisted in the development and implementation of a state-wide training program on substance-abuse intervention techniques for middle school administrators, counselors and teachers. The United States Department of Education, Greensboro, NC. 1990.