Tuition Exchange policy and procedures for employees from other institutions (IMPORTS)
Fairfield University is pleased to participate in The Tuition Exchange program through which we partner with over 600 colleges and universities offering competitive tuition exchange scholarships to faculty and staff employed at member institutions. Fairfield University is committed to awarding 3-5 Tuition Exchange scholarships yearly to incoming freshmen based on their academic profile. These awards are for eight semesters as long as the student remains in good standing at the University.
Employees of Fairfield University should refer to the Export Policy information.
The procedures for individuals interested in applying to Fairfield University for this program are:
- Regular admission Application deadline: January 15th
- Early Action: November 1st
- Early Decision: November 15th
- Eligibility forms from home institution deadline: January 15th
- Scholarship decisions mailed: no later than April 1st
- Acceptance deadline: May 1st
- Applicants are limited to first time freshmen
- Scholarship will be based on the student's academic profile and includes:
- A minimum tuition scholarship as set by The Tuition Exchange Board
- Eight consecutive semesters as long as the student maintains satisfactory progress and full time enrollment and re-certification for eligibility
- Exclusions to the scholarship include:
- Room and board fees and other University fees
- Study abroad
- Tuition Exchange scholars are not able to receive additional Fairfield University merit awards, but may apply for federal need-based assistance to be applied to their remaining cost of attendance.
Fairfield University's contact for import students:
Gail McGrath, TUIEX Administrator - Incoming Students
(203) 254-4100 ext. 2285