TUIEX Guidelines for Employees of Other Institutions (Imports)
Fairfield University participates in the Tuition Exchange (TUIEX) program through which we partner with over 600 colleges and universities offering competitive tuition exchange scholarships to dependents of faculty and staff employed at member institutions. The TUIEX website is: www.tuitionexchange.org.
Procedures for admission to Fairfield University under TUIEX
- Faculty, administrators and staff should obtain certification of eligibility for TUIEX from their home institution. The TUIEX coordinator will confirm benefits eligibility then notify Fairfield University’s TUIEX contact. December 15 is the last day Fairfield will accept TUIEX certification letters for the following fall.
- Students must apply for admission to Fairfield University within the published deadlines (November 1 for Early Action; November 15 for Early Decision; January 15 for Regular Decision). A TUIEX determination will be made after the student is certified as eligible AND has been accepted for admission. TUIEX certification does not qualify the student for admission nor does an offer of admission guarantee a TUIEX award.
- Applicants requesting TUIEX consideration should file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 1 and the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE by January 1. Since awards are extremely limited, other forms of financial aid may make it possible to attend Fairfield University if a TUIEX benefit is not offered.
- Award decisions are made by an inter-departmental committee and are based on academic achievement.
- TUIEX benefits are available only to new freshmen. A continuing student TUIEX wait list is not maintained.
- TUIEX awards are extremely limited in number and, therefore, highly competitive in terms of both space and selectivity. Typically 3-4 TUIEX benefits are awarded annually from a pool in excess of 60 applications.
- The TUIEX benefit for Fairfield University for the 2016-2017 academic year is $35,000. It does not cover part time, summer school, graduate tuition, study abroad, room and board, books, travel related expenses, applicable fees or other costs of attending Fairfield University. The TUIEX award will void all institutional scholarships and grants previously awarded. However, privately funded scholarships not awarded by Fairfield University will not reduce a TUIEX benefit, nor will Federal need-based aid.
- After all admission decisions have been made, Fairfield University will inform TUIEX applicants of their status by April 1.
- Students must remain academically eligible to return to Fairfield University and continue to be eligible for tuition remission from their home campus.
Questions may be addressed to Fairfield University’s contact for import students.
Gail McGrath, TUIEX Coordinator - Incoming Students
(203) 254-4100 ext. 2285