FACHEX policy and procedures for employees from other institutions (IMPORTS)
- Faculty, administrators and staff should request the FACHEX coordinator at their home institution to notify Fairfield University of their child's eligibility for the FACHEX benefit no later than January 15th. Only incoming first-time, full-time freshmen are eligible for FACHEX at Fairfield University. The FACHEX award is for full tuition for eight consecutive semesters and does not apply to study abroad programs.
- The student must apply for admission to Fairfield University within the published deadlines (November 1st for Early Action; November 15th for Early Decision; January 15th for Regular Decision). A FACHEX determination will be made after the student is certified as eligible by his/her home institution AND has been accepted for admission. Please keep in mind that FACHEX certification does not qualify the student for admission nor does an offer of admission mean an automatic FACHEX award.
- Since FACHEX openings are limited, it is recommended that the student apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA and CSS Profile financial aid applications by February 15th. It is possible that an offer of financial aid may make it financially possible to attend Fairfield University if the FACHEX benefit cannot be offered.
- Available FACHEX awards are offered to incoming freshmen only. Fairfield University does not maintain a FACHEX waiting list for upper-class years. FACHEX spaces are extremely limited.
- An inter-departmental committee will choose the FACHEX recipient and the FACHEX position will be offered no later than April 1st.
- To secure one's place in the freshmen class a $600 non-refundable deposit is required to be in the admission office by May 1st.
- Because the FACHEX award is for full tuition, this benefit will void all institutional scholarship and grants previously awarded. Privately funded scholarships not awarded by Fairfield University will not reduce your FACHEX benefit, nor will Federal need-based aid.
- Students must remain academically eligible to return to Fairfield University and continue to be eligible for tuition remission from the home campus.
Please address any additional questions to Fairfield University's contact for import students:
Gail McGrath, FACHEX Administrator - Incoming Students
(203) 254-4100 ext. 2285