Certificate in Accounting
- Learn new job skills
- Improve current accounting knowledge
- Brush up on the skills you need to better understand the essentials of accounting and finance for your small business
The program, which begins each year on or about June 1st, is designed to be completed in one year. Classes are scheduled at night, but certificate students may enroll in daytime classes on a space-available basis. Course offerings vary each semester - check the course schedule for exact dates.
For the latest Part Time Tuition rates please visit the Bursar
Before starting the Certificate Program, prospective students must have already fulfilled the degree and course requirements listed below.
Degree Requirements: BA or BS degree from a regionally accredited college
- AC 11 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- AC 12 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
Note: The required pre-requisite courses above may be taken at Fairfield University or transferred from another approved college or university.
Students may not count certificate courses towards any Bachelor's degree major or minor requirements. All courses are offered for credit unless otherwise specified. Students must obtain at least a 2.5 GPA in the six required certificate courses listed below:
- AC 203 Intermediate Accounting I
- AC 204 Intermediate Accounting II
- AC 310 Advanced Accounting
- AC 320 Cost Management
- AC 330 Auditing
- AC 343 Federal Income Taxation I
Note: All six of the above courses (18 credits) must be completed at Fairfield University.
For more information, contact Patricia Pivarnik or by phone at (203) 254-4307