The Top Five Things Students Should Know about NetID
- You need to claim (or "get") your NetID before you can access or log on to any Fairfield University online resource. Note: Your NetID *is different* from your eight (8) digit Fairfield Student ID number.) Begin the NetID claim process. During the claim process you will be prompted to answer three (3) 'challenge questions' please make sure you answer at least five (5).
- NetID user names traditionally follow the format of FirstName.LastName. For example, for student Lucas Stag, his NetID would be lucas.stag. There can be exceptions, so during the NetID claim process, your NetID user name will be displayed; be sure to look for it.
- Your e-mail address is FirstName.LastName@student.fairfield.edu. Lucas's e-mail address would be email@example.com.
- Your NetID password will expire every four (4) months. You will receive e-mail warnings 2 weeks, 1 week, 3 days, and 1 day before it expires and will be reminded to select a new password so you can continue to access resources.
- If your password has expired, go to the NetID manager. Enter your NetID and your expired password and press Login. If you have forgotten your password, enter your NetID and then click on the "Forgot Password?" link. You will be presented with your challenge questions.