Master of Public Administration - Admission
Applicants for the MPA must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university (or the international equivalent). Applicants are required to meet all program prerequisites, which includes the following undergraduate course: Statistics (MA 17, Probability and Statistics). To take the course at Fairfield, visit our part-time studies page.
Formal Admission process
Applications are reviewed by the Graduate Admission Committee. Students seeking admission must submit:
- A Completed Application (apply online).
- A non-refundable $60 Application Fee made payable to Fairfield University (paid by credit card if applying online).
- A Professional Resume. Applicants are required to submit a current resume that includes employment and education history.
- A Personal Statement describing intent for studying in the program.
- Official transcripts from all universities/ colleges attended. (All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluating service.)
- Two recommendations, one of which must be from a current supervisor or professor, accompanied by the University recommendation forms .
All application materials should be sent to:
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies Admission
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824-5195
Phone: (203) 254-4184
Fax: (203) 254-4073
How to Apply
For detailed admission requirements, please refer to the links below:
Application information for U.S. and permanent residents of the United States
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
To be considered for financial aid, Fairfield University requires students to complete a FAFSA form. For further information, visit the Office of Financial Aid.