M.A. in Communication - Flexible Study Plans
Program Format Delivery Models
The foundational courses will all be taught in the 14-week, 2.5 hrs/week (35 contact hours) format in order to allow for sufficient time to explore the foundational material necessary to proceed effectively in the program.
The remaining courses will be taught in a variety of formats:
- Traditional: 14-week/2.5 hours per week format (35 hours)
- Accelerated: 7-week/5 hours every week format (35 hours)
- Intensive: Saturdays (7 5-hour meetings spread over 7 or 14 weeks, or 5 Saturdays for 7 hours each; 35 hours)
- Summer: 7-week accelerated (35 hours)
- Online or Hybrid formats for any of the above schedules
Program Completion Models
- Full-time students would be expected to take 3 courses each regular semester (summer optional) and to complete the program in 2 years.
- Part-time students who take 2 courses each semester and 1 each summer should be able to complete the program in 2 1/2 years.
- Fairfield University employees, who may choose to take 1 class each regular semester and 1 class each summer should be able to complete the program in 4 years.
- Part-time students who move at a slower pace, including Fairfield University employees, will be expected to complete the program in no more than 5 years, after which time the coursework begins to expire.