Irish Studies - Requirements
For a 15-credit minor in Irish studies, students:
- Complete 5 3-credit courses including one of the following:
- EN 279 Irish Literature, HI 215 History of Ireland, Middle Ages to the Present, or HI 315 Irish History from the Famine to the Present.
- Those who choose EN 279 may take up to 2 additional English courses and must take the remaining 2 courses in different fields.
- Those choosing HI 215 or HI 315 may take up to 3 additional courses in English, with the remaining course in a field other than English or history. At least these courses must be taken at Fairfield.
- Note: Students may apply no more than 2 courses taken while studying abroad in Ireland during the fall or spring semesters toward the minor's requirements. This restriction does not apply, however, to English credits earned during Fairfield University's two-week Galway Summer Experience at the National University of Ireland, Galway (EN 369).
While studying abroad is not required for completion of the Irish studies minor, students are encouraged to do so.