Annual Summer Teaching Conference - Pedagogy, Technology & Course Redesign
As a Jesuit institution, Fairfield has a particular commitment to teaching and learning. In the tradition of Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Jesuits, Fairfield faculty take seriously cura personalis, the teaching and care of the whole person. In this spirit, our activities integrate intellect and affect in the service of others.
Our annual summer conference, Innovative Pedagogy & Course Redesign, explores and promotes innovation and scholarship in teaching and learning. Scroll down to view past conference schedules and download post-conference materials.
Save-the-dates: May 28 - 30, 2014!
- Collaborations for Empowerment & Learning: Innovative Pedagogy & Course Redesign XII (May 29-31, 2013)
- Featured conference presenters: Dr. Cathy Burack, Dr. Cathy Jordan; Keynote: Dr. Mary Deane Sorcinelli; Closing plenary: Dr. Katie Linder.
- Conference: Program & session abstracts available on DigitalCommons@Fairfield.
- Learning in Action: Innovative Pedagogy & Course Redesign XI(June 1-3, 2011)
- Keynote speaker: Dr. Michele DiPietro,(Executive Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning at Kennesaw State, and Associate Professor of Statistics) author of How Learning Works: Seven Research-Based Principles for Smart Teaching (2010).
- Conference: Brochure (PDF) and Program
- SENCER(Science Education For New Civic Engagements and Responsibilities) Regional Meeting (May 31-June 1, 2011) -Brochure (PDF)
- Crossing the Disciplinary Divide: Innovative Pedagogy & Course Redesign X (June 2-4, 2010)
- Integrative Learning: Innovative Pedagogy, Technology & Course Redesign IX (June 3-5, 2009)
Acclaimed keynoters included Dee Fink and Nathan Grawe. Brochure (PDF)
- Integration, Learning, Community: Pedagogy, Technology & Course Redesign VIII (June 4-6, 2008)
Acclaimed presenter and author Alison Morrison-Shetlar was keynote speaker.
- Learning Together: Pedagogy, Technology & Course Redesign VII (June 6-8, 2007)
See photos from 2007, featuring invited keynote presenter Dee Fink, the national faculty development expert and author of the acclaimed Creating Significant Learning Experiences (see IDEA Paper #42)
- Expanding Horizons: Pedagogy, Technology & Course Redesign VI (June 7-9, 2006)
The year we put pedagogy first.
- Empowering the Learner: Technology, Pedagogy & Course Redesign IV (June 15-17, 2004)
- Designing Effective Learning Models: Technology, Pedagogy & Course Redesign III (2003)
- What Works and What Doesn't: Technology, Pedagogy & Course Redesign II (2002)
- Retooling the Introductory Experience: Technology, Pedagogy & Course Redesign (2001)