Welcome to Fairfield University Athletics
Varsity, club, intramural, and recreational athletics are an integral part of university life. As a Jesuit, Catholic institution, Fairfield's athletics program is an essential component of our overall mission to help students grow in all facets of life - intellectual, emotional, spiritual, social, and physical.
The Departments of Athletics and Recreation at Fairfield provide students with a variety of opportunities for academic and social experiences so that they may develop strong moral character, sportsmanship, organizational skills, leadership qualities, an appreciation for team effort, and a commitment to community service.
- More than 400 students participate in intercollegiate, varsity athletics at the University. More than 1,500 are active in club sports, intramurals, and other recreation and fitness programs.
- Fairfield varsity teams - the Stags - play at the Division I level and the University is a charter member of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC).
- Men's and women's basketball play their home games at the 9,500 seat, state-of-the-art Arena at Harbor Yard.
- Fairfield annually boasts among the best student-athlete graduation rates in the nation.
- Fairfield sponsors 20 varsity sports - baseball, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's crew, men's and women's cross country, field hockey, men's and women's golf, men's and women's lacrosse, men's and women's soccer, softball, men's and women's swimming and diving, men's and women's tennis, and women's volleyball.
- Club sports offer a wonderful opportunity for students including men's ice hockey, men's and women's rugby, equestrian, men's crew, men's volleyball, men's and women's skiing, and snowboarding.
- Over 85% of the student body utilizes the Leslie C. Quick, Jr. Recreation Complex on an annual basis.