St. Patrick's Day Parade in NYC:
Join Fairfield University alumni, parents, and friends
on Saturday, March 16, 2013
Join Fairfield University alumni, parents, and friends on Saturday, March 16, 2013
as we march in the NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade!
Meet us before we march for breakfast from
9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. at
(45th & Vanderbilt)
New, earlier start time!
This year, Fairfield has become a premium sponsor of the NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade. In order to ensure that you're part of our group - and seen with us on national television - all members of your party must check-in at Cafe Centro prior to 11:30 a.m. There you will also pick-up your official Fairfield parade sashes.
Please note: If you have not checked-in and picked up your sash by 11:30 a.m., you will not be permitted to march with Fairfield due to security reasons.
The group will proceed to our line-up location together after 11:30 a.m. as we need to be lined-up to march no later than 12 noon.
Families of alumni - including children of all ages - are welcome to join us for both breakfast and the parade.
The dress code for the parade is comfortable business attire.
- Dress code is comfortable business attire.
- Funny and or green hats, wigs, face paint, sneakers and green-dyed hair are not permitted.
- Drinking, smoking and eating are prohibited.
- Wagons are not permitted on the parade route.
- Units need to be in proper formation before approaching Fifth Avenue.
- All marchers are expected to maintain the same pace during the parade; strolling or falling back in the line is not permitted.
- Straight, organized lines are to be maintained at all times, with 10 marchers per row.
- After the group has stepped off, no one may enter or exit the parade route.
- Strollers need to maintain the same pace as the marchers, and falling back in line is not permitted.
- Animals and mascots are prohibited.
- Displays of any kind are prohibited.
- Shirts with advertisements are not permitted.
- One identifying banner for each unit.
For more information www.nycstpatricksparade.org