Group Visit Guidelines
Group Visits - Spring 2015 Semester
Thank you for your interest in Fairfield University! We are excited to host your group on campus. Please read all information on this page before submitting a group visit request.
- Please allow at least 2 weeks notice for all group visit requests.
- We will do our best to accommodate all requests, but due to regularly scheduled visits alternative dates may need to be considered.
- Elementary and middle schools can only be accommodated during the summer months (June-August).
- The maximum number of students for a group visit is 40. For every 10 students, there must be 1 chaperone present.
- We are unable to accommodate group visits on the weekend.
- Lunch is available in our dining hall at a discounted rate of $10.00 per person payable by check or cash.
The following dates are available to schedule group visits during the spring 2015 semester:
- January 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
- February 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25
- March 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Below are two different options for group visit scheduling:
|Arrival (will be 11:30 a.m. if not having lunch)
Information Session Options
Early Awareness - This information session is designed to introduce students to the college search process. Topics covered will include: why go to college?, what to look for (size, location, etc.), what colleges look for (academics, extracurriculars, test scores, etc.), making college affordable and how to pay. Session will conclude with a general overview of Fairfield University.
Regular - This is our normal information session which covers general facts and figures about Fairfield, our Jesuit heritage, and then an extensive overview of the application process. This session also covers deadlines, financial aid (need-based and merit-based), and other areas.
The Group Visit Request
Please provide all of the following details regarding your group:
- Name of organization/group/school
- Contact person's name
- Contact person's e-mail
- Contact person's phone number
- Number of students
- Grade level of students
- Number of chaperones (please remember that we require 1 chaperone for every 10 students)
Specific to the group visit, please provide the following information:
- 1st choice date
- 2nd choice date (in the event that your 1st choice date is not available)
- Schedule choice (please refer to above "Schedule Options" and choose "Schedule 1" or "Schedule 2")
- Information Session choice (please refer to above "Information Session Options" and choose "Early Awareness" or "Regular")
- Lunch is optional (schedule 1 only - please indicate whether or not you would like to have lunch in our dining hall. Lunch is available at a discounted rate of $10.00 per person payable by check or cash and is only available at the listed times due to dining hall restrictions.)
Please send all group visit requests via e-mail to Tracey Guild, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission and Group Visit Coordinator. Communications regarding group visits will be done via e-mail. We look forward to welcoming your group to campus!