Fairfield University welcomes transfer students from accredited colleges and universities. Applicants are evaluated on their completed college coursework, high school record, and standardized test scores.
Please note that we do not currently accept transfer students to our School of Nursing. If you are interested in our B.S. RN-BSN or Second Degree Nursing programs, learn more here.
Application Deadlines & Transfer of Credit Information
Transfer students are accepted for both the fall and spring terms under full-time status. Students will be expected to take a minimum of four college courses per semester. To learn more about applying as a part-time student, please contact Tim O'Connor.
Students who are currently enrolled in, or have completed three or more courses (traditionally 9 credits) are welcome to apply as transfer candidates to the University.
The application deadline for entry into the fall semester is May 1st.
The application deadline for the spring semester is November 15th.
To learn how to how to transfer your credit, visit:
The Application Process
The following are needed to complete the transfer application:
- Common Application for Transfer Students
- Application Fee*
- Personal statement/essay addressing why you are seeking transfer
- Official high school transcript**
- Official college transcript from all universities attended (whether or not credit was earned)
- Mid-term Grade Progress Report
- Dean of Students Certification Form
- Course catalog/descriptions of all classes taken
* The application fee will be waived if you have previously applied to Fairfield University.
**Fairfield does not accept GED in lieu of an official high school transcript.
Fairfield University has 4 schools for undergraduate students. The cumulative grade point average requirements vary for each. We do not currently accept transfer students to our School of Nursing. The following are the minimum guidelines for consideration:
- College of Arts and Sciences - 2.5
- Charles F. Dolan School of Business - 2.8
- School of Engineering - 2.5
Please note that applicants meeting the minimum GPA requirement for a given undergraduate division are not automatically guaranteed admission.