Admission Overview for Transfer Students
Fairfield University welcomes transfer students from accredited colleges and universities. Applicants are evaluated on their completed college coursework, high school record, and standardized test scores. Transfer students are accepted for both the fall and spring terms under full-time status. Students will be expected to take a minimum of four college courses per semester. To learn more about applying as a part-time student, please contact Tim O'Connor.
International transfer students are advised to please visit our international transfer students page, as they will be required to submit additional material as part of the application process.
Please note that we do not currently accept transfer students to our School of Nursing. Learn more about our RN-BSN or Second Degree Nursing programs.
How to Apply
- Complete the Common Application and submit by the application deadline:
- For the fall term: May 1 is the priority deadline
- For the spring term: November 15
- Include sixty dollar ($60) non-refundable application fee
- Please send required documents to:
Transfer Admission Liaison
Office of Undergraduate Admission - Kelley Center
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
- Once your application is complete, please allow three to four weeks for your file to be reviewed by the transfer admission committee
The following are needed to complete the transfer application:
- Common Application for Transfer Students
- Application Fee *
- Personal statement/essay addressing why you are seeking transfer
- Official high school transcript
- Official college transcript from all universities attended (whether or not credit was earned)
- SAT or ACT results (If you choose to submit them). Refer to our Standardized Test Optional Policy for more details.
- Mid-term Grade Progress Report **
- Dean of Students Certification Form **
- Course catalog/descriptions of all classes taken
* If you have previously applied to Fairfield University we will waive the application fee. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include your name and reason for requesting a fee waiver.
** The Common Application does provide forms that are similar to our Mid-term Grade Progress Report and Dean of Students Certification Form. We ask that you complete either set as part of your application. You are not required to complete both.
- The Office of Undergraduate Admission sends the majority of all official admission communication by e-mail. Therefore, it is crucial that you provide a valid e-mail address when you submit the Transfer Common Application.
- In order for a student to be considered for merit scholarship and housing opportunities for fall admission, they are advised to have their application completed by the May 1 priority deadline. Students applying for fall admission after the May 1 deadline are asked to contact a counselor and will be determined case-by-case as to whether our office will accept their application based on availability.
- Students who applied to Fairfield University as freshmen, but were not granted admission, are required to complete one full year of college course work in a full-time status elsewhere, before reapplying as a transfer student.
- For consideration, a cumulative GPA of a 2.5/4.00 is recommended for students interested in the College of Arts and Sciences and the School of Engineering. Students interested in transferring into the Charles F. Dolan School of Business must have maintained at least a 2.80/4.00 cumulative GPA.
- Fairfield University has a residency requirement for transferring students. Thus, in order to earn a degree from Fairfield, the final 60 credits of a degree program must be taken at Fairfield University.
- Transfer students with international academic credentials must have their documents translated (if not in English) and evaluated. Please refer to our international transfer students page for more information and referral to the WES evaluation.
If you still have questions, please contact your transfer admission counselor:
Jeffrey Holmberg for transfer students with a last name that begins with A-L.
Lauren Lipyanka for transfer students with a last name that begins with M-Z.