Non-matriculated Student Status

If you're not sure you're ready to enroll in a specific program, consider Non-matriculated Student Status. Several programs allow students to take graduate-level courses or earn credits in certificate programs prior to matriculating:

School of Engineering

Applicants with three years of experience as professional software developers or programmers who are interested in earning a certificate or taking a specific course may be admitted on a non-matriculating basis.

Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions

To apply for non-matriculated status, call the GSEAP Dean's office at (203) 254-4250 to be directed to the appropriate advisor. Then apply online before you come to your appointment. Bring a copy of your official or unofficial transcript showing your undergraduate degree with you to your appointment.

For more information, contact the Office of Graduate Admission by e-mail or phone, (203) 254-4184.