International Students, Application Process and Instructions
Application Deadlines for International Students
- April 1 for full time admission to School of Engineering: Software Engineering and Electrical & Computer Engineering. Once admitted to a graduate program in SOE you must complete one semester before you are elegible to change to another program.
- May 15 for fall admission
- Oct. 15 for spring admission
*Please note that deadlines for the Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions (GSEAP) vary by program. View GSEAP deadlines.
The application requirements are the following for all international students:
- Apply online
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- Personal statement (Submitted online)
- 2 recommedation forms and letters to be completed online. You will need to enter the names and email addresses of your recommenders when you apply online.
- Certified English translations and course-by-course evaluations from approved evaluators of all academic records.
- For US Visa requirements please see the Office of International Programs.
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores are required if the student's native language is not English. Fairfield's ETS code is 3390.
TOEFL: For all schools - with the exception of the Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions (GSEAP) - a composite score of 550 for the paper test, 213 for the computer-based test, or 80 for the Internet based test is recommended. For GSEAP, a composite score of 550 for the paper test, 213 for the computer-based test or 84 on the Internet based test with a minimum score of 21 in reading and 23 in writing is required for admission.
IELTS: For all schools - with the exception of GSEAP - a 6.5 score is required. For GSEAP, a 7.5 score is required.
Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency.
If you are applying for admission to one of our graduate programs and have earned your undergraduate degree outside of the United States, please arrange to submit an evaluation of your coursework for your application file. Our preferred evaluator is World Educations Services, Inc. but we will also accept evaluations from Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. You will need to contact the evaluator directly for an evaluation application. Please request a detailed evaluation (a course-by-course evaluation) in English of your academic records and also request that an official copy of your evaluation be mailed directly to your application file at the following address:
Office of Graduate Admission
Kelley Administrative Center
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824-5195
World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
Tel: (212) 966-6311 or toll free 1-800-937-3895
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53202-3470
Tel: (414) 289-3400
Please note: If you are applying to the Dolan School of Business (DSB), any of your supplemental materials that you could not submit online (i.e., Certificate of Finances and evaluation of coursework) should be sent directly to DSB:
Dolan School of Business
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
For International Transfer Students
International transfer students currently in the US with an F-1 Visa and attending another institution must submit the following documentation in addition to the above application requirements 30 days prior to the start of the semester:
- A copy of the student's unexpired passport visa
- A copy of the I-94 Arrival/ Departure Record (the small, white card staple into the passport)
- Copies of the previous I-20's issued to the student by other institutions
- SEVIS Transfer form
Graduate Housing Visit Graduate Student Housing for more information.
Mandatory Immunizations: Connecticut State law requires each full-time or matriculated student to provide proof of immunity or screening against measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), meningitis and tuberculosis. Certain exemptions based on age and housing status apply. Matriculating students are defined as those enrolled in a degree seeking program. View detailed information and the required downloadable form. Completed forms should be submitted directly to the Student Health Center. Although this is not required to complete an application, you must provide proof of immunity/screening prior to course registration. Please consult you private health care provider to obtain the necessary immunizations. Questions may be directed to the Student Health Center: (203) 254-4000 ext. 2241 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.