FAQ and Forms

Financial Aid Forms
Frequently Asked Questions
Helpful Websites

Financial Aid Forms

The links below will guide students to forms that may be required in order for the Office of Financial Aid to complete the verification and/or appeal processes in order to confirm financial aid eligibility. Please refer to your my.Fairfield account for instructions on how to complete these forms.  Contact our office with any additional questions you may have about the forms or with questions on any part of the financial aid process.

Academic Year 2015-16
Forms by Student Status
(and parents)
(and/or spouse)
Verification Worksheet Verification Worksheet
Child Support Paid Worksheet Child Support Paid Worksheet
SNAP Benefits Worksheet SNAP Benefits Worksheet
Parent Non-Filing Income Worksheet  


Academic Year 2015-16
General Forms
Student Non-Filing Income Worksheet
Student Title IV Authorization Form
Parent Title IV Authorization Form
Sibling Enrollment Form
Verification of Other Household Resources for 2014
High School Completion Status Worksheet
Identity/Statement of Educational Purpose
(must be completed in-person in the Office of Financial Aid)
Appeal Forms
Non-Year Specific

Special Conditions Appeal Form
refer to our policy)

Noncustodial PROFILE Waiver Appeal Form
(refer to our policy)
 Dependency Override Appeal Form

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible for financial aid?
All students are eligible to apply for federal financial aid. The application is free and there are no absolute income cutoffs that disqualify a family from applying since family size, the number of children in college, total assets, and other circumstances factor into the determination of eligibility. However, a student must be accepted by Fairfield University, matriculated in a degree program and demonstrate enrollment of a minimum of six credits per semester to be eligible for financial aid, in addition to meeting other federal requirements.

Is my financial aid automatically renewed every year?
No. Because family circumstances and demonstrated need changes from year to year, students must reapply for financial aid every year by completing the FAFSA and the CSS Profile by the stated deadline. Students receiving university grants or scholarships may receive financial aid for eight consecutive semesters, provided they maintain eligibility. April 15 is financial aid application deadline for returning full-time undergraduate aid applicants.

What if I am not eligible for need-based financial aid?
Additional loan and payment options are available to help students and families finance a Fairfield education. These plans include the Tuition Pay Monthly Payment Plan, various loan programs for students and parents supported by the federal and state governments, and alternative student loan programs offered by private lenders.

When will I learn about my financial aid award?
Early Action/Early Decision candidates learn of their initial financial aid awards in February. Regular admission candidates are notified in late March/early April. Returning, upper-class students are notified of their awards by the end of May (via university email and my.Fairfield only) and transfer students are notified on a rolling basis.

Fairfield's catalog lists many special scholarships. Can I apply for them?
There is no need to apply for individual scholarships administered by the University. A student's financial aid award may, in fact, include one of these and students will be notified with their award notification.

Where can I look for part-time jobs on/off campus?
Students can visit the Part-Time Job Board offered by the Career Planning Center. Students who qualify for federal work-study (FWS) can read more about Fairfield's program.

If I have more questions about financial aid at Fairfield University, who should I contact?
Please contact the Office of Financial Aid. Our contact information, hours of operation, and counselor listing can be found online. Like us on Facebook to receive important updates, reminders and scholarship information!

Helpful Websites

This is the form all students must complete to apply for financial aid. The FAFSA must be completed annually and by the University's deadline.

This web site is your source of information for the Federal Student Aid Personal Identification Number (PIN). The PIN is used as your electronic signature as you submit the FAFSA.

CSS Profile
This form must be submitted by incoming full-time undergraduate students and their custodial parents, if interested in institutional aid.

Noncustodial PROFILE
This form is must be submitted by incoming full-time students' Noncustodial parents.

Internal Revenue Service
This website provides useful information regarding tax transcripts, forms, and tax-filing requirements.

Selective Service System
This website is intended for males, between the ages of 18-26, who are required to register with the selective service for financial aid eligibility.

Federal Aid First
This website explains the differences between federal and private education loans, the various kinds of federal loans offered, and the amounts available to qualified students.

Income-Based Repayment
This Q & A sheet can help you determine if you (or your spouse if you are married) might qualify for Income-Based Repayment (IBR) for Direct Stafford loans.

Connecticut Office of Higher Education
This website provides detailed information on state grants, scholarships and other financial aid resources. Out-of-state students should refer to their resident state's Office of Higher Education for grant, scholarship and other financial aid information.

This website provides scholarship applications and advice for students.

This web site is a very comprehensive source of student financial aid information, advice and tools to help finance a higher education.

Building a Better Credit Report (PDF)

Student Loans: Avoiding Deceptive Offers (PDF)

T4 Test 2

About Us →

Admission & Aid →

Academics →

Life at Fairfield →

Parents & Families →

Alumni & Friends →

Athletics →