Frequently Asked Questions and Forms

Financial Aid Forms
Frequently Asked Questions
Helpful Websites

Financial Aid Forms

The links below will guide students to very important forms that may be required in order for the Office of Financial Aid to complete the verification process and to confirm financial aid eligibility. Please contact the office with questions about how to complete these forms or with questions on any part of the financial aid process.

Academic Year 2013-14

Financial Aid Glossary

Dependent Household Verification Worksheet

Independent Household Verification Worksheet

Student Non-Filing Income Statement

Parent Non-Filing Income Statement

Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) Verification Worksheet

Child Support Paid Verification Worksheet

Identity/Statement of Educational Purpose Worksheet (in-person only)

Verification of Expenses & Income

Sibling Enrollment Form

Non-Year Specific

Special Conditions Appeal Form

Noncustodial Parent Waiver Appeal Form

Dependency Status Override Application

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible for financial aid?
All students are eligible to apply for federal financial aid. The application is free and there are no absolute income cutoffs that disqualify a family from applying since family size, the number of children in college, total assets, and other circumstances factor into the determination of eligibility. However, a student must be accepted by Fairfield University, matriculated in a degree program and demonstrate enrollment of a minimum of six credits per semester to be eligible for financial aid, in addition to meeting other federal requirements.

Is my financial aid automatically renewed every year?
No. Because family circumstances and demonstrated need changes from year to year, students must reapply for financial aid every year by completing the FAFSA and the CSS Profile by the stated deadline.  Students receiving University grants or scholarships may receive financial aid for eight semesters, provided they maintain eligibility. The financial aid application & filing deadline for returning full-time undergraduate aid applicants is April 15

What if I am not eligible for need-based financial aid?
Additional loan and payment options are available to help students and families finance a Fairfield education. These plans include the Tuition Pay Monthly Payment Plan, various loan programs for students and parents supported by the federal and state governments, and alternative student loan programs offered by private lenders.

When will I learn about my financial aid award?
Early Action candidates learn of their initial financial aid awards in February.  Regular admission candidates are notified sometime in late March - early April.  Returning, upper-class students are notified of their awards by the end of May and transfer students are notified on a rolling basis.

Fairfield's catalog lists many special scholarships. Can I apply for them?
There is no need to apply for individual scholarships administered by the University. A student's financial aid award may, in fact, include one of these and students will be notified with their award notification.

Where can I look for part-time jobs on/off campus?
Students can visit the Part-Time Job Board offered by the Career Planning Center. Students who qualify for federal work-study (FWS) can read more about Fairfield's program.

If I have more questions about financial aid at Fairfield University, who should I contact?
Please contact the Office of Financial Aid. Our contact information, hours of operation, and counselor listing.

Helpful Websites

This is the form all students must complete to apply for financial aid. The FAFSA must be completed annually and by the University's deadline.

This web site is your source of information for the Federal Student Aid Personal Identification Number (PIN).  The PIN is used as your electronic signature as you submit the FAFSA.

CSS Profile
This form must be submitted by incoming full-time undergraduate students and their custodial parents, if interested in institutional aid.

Noncustodial PROFILE
This form is must be submitted by incoming full-time students' Noncustodial parents.

Internal Revenue Service
This website provides useful information regarding tax transcripts, forms, and tax-filing requirements.

Selective Service System
This website is intended for males, between the ages of 18-26, who are required to register with the selective service for financial aid eligibility.

Federal Aid First
This website explains the differences between federal and private education loans, the various kinds of federal loans offered, and the amounts available to qualified students.

Income-Based Repayment
This Q & A sheet can help you determine if you (or your spouse if you are married) might qualify for Income-Based Repayment (IBR) for Direct Stafford loans.

Connecticut Office of Higher Education
This website provides detailed information on state grants, scholarships and other financial aid resources. Out-of-state students should refer to their resident state's Office of Higher Education for grant, scholarship and other financial aid information.

This website provides scholarship applications and advice for students.

This web site is a very comprehensive source of student financial aid information, advice and tools to help finance a higher education.

Building a Better Credit Report (PDF)

Student Loans: Avoiding Deceptive Offers (PDF)