Commitment to Education
From its founding, Fairfield University has been committed to providing educational opportunities to motivated students of diverse social and economic backgrounds. While students and families have the primary responsibility for college expenses, Fairfield University sees this as a shared endeavor and will assist students with as much financial aid as possible.
To support this aim, Fairfield administers a comprehensive financial aid program, using its own financial resources, as well as state, federal funds, and private resources to support students. Fairfield University awarded over $40 million dollars of its own financial resources in the 2010-2011 academic year.
Investing in a college education is often a major financial decision and many students and families might need to look beyond their own resources for assistance. Affording a Fairfield education is possible, if viewed in the broadest perspective and with the proper financial planning. Without question, the lifelong benefits of a Fairfield education will far exceed the expenses involved.
Tuition and Cost of Attendance
2013 - 2014 Cost of Attendance
|Room & Board||$12,930|
|Books and Supplies||$1,150|
|Total Resident Student Budget||$58,730|
The Office of Financial Aid is committed to providing the highest quality financial aid services to all eligible students accepted to the University. We strive to guide and assist students in fulfilling their aspirations through the effective and efficient delivery of aid. We serve our students in a timely, equitable, accurate and courteous manner. We observe the highest standards by adhering to all federal, state, and University regulations.
We seek to consistently exceed the expectations of students and families.
Our Role, in accordance with the mission of Fairfield University, "The education of the whole person - mind, body, and spirit" is to:
- Be an advocate for the student; formulate policies and procedures that are sensitive to student needs and to ensure student success,
- Provide equitable and fair service to all those requesting financial services,
- Ensure that financial aid is administered with the highest level of fiduciary responsibility,
- Ensure that financial aid services are complementary to the mission and goals of Fairfield University, and
- To be engaged with other University offices and with others in the community in meeting the goals of both the students and the University.
Concerned about the economy? View additional student resources.