Summer @ Fairfield
Summers at Fairfield University are anything but quiet. During the summer we open our campus to students of all ages for our Summer Programs. Whether you're a high school student looking to earn college credit or just interested in expanding your knowledge, we offer dozens of programs, camps, and conferences.
*By January 2015, most programs will have finalized schedules for Summer programs.
If you are interested in hosting a camp, conference, or event at Fairfield University, please visit the Office of Conference and Event Management to learn more about the many options and amenities available on campus.
- Undergraduate Summer Session (3-Credit Courses) - Be productive - Whether you're a current Fairfield student, visiting for the summer, or just want to take a for-credit course, you can earn credit in a wide variety of subject areas through on-campus or online classes.
- Currently enrolled graduate students should visit my.fairfield.edu for their list of graduate program summer course offerings. Registration for summer 2015 begins on April 1 (for GSEAP non-matriculated students, summer registration starts April 15. Registration starts at 8:30 a.m. for all online, in person, and telephone registrations).
- Graduate Information Sessions - Attend a Grad Information Session on campus this summer and learn more about Fairfield's 40 graduate programs and how they can advance your career and inspire your life!
- Inspire The Writer Within and attend the Summer Writers Conference . Learn from award-winning faculty on the scenic and inspirational Enders Island off Mystic, CT - July 17 - July 21, 2015.
Living on campus
- Internship Housing - Fairfield University is an ideal place for undergraduate and graduate students to live while interning or working during the summer. The campus is within one mile of I-95 and the Fairfield Metro-North station, making it an easy commute to many locations like Norwalk, Stamford, and New Haven.
- Fairfield University Student Summer Housing -Summer housing is available to Fairfield University students taking classes, holding internships, or working in the area.
Personal & Professional Programs
- The Fairfield University Research Experience for Undergraduates Program in Mathematics and Computational Science (REU): REU is an eight-week summer program that provides active and original research opportunities for undergraduates. Student participants will work in small groups on focused research topics under the guidance of a Fairfield faculty mentor. We provide stipends and free housing.
- Personal & Professional Enrichment - Take a course in art history or enroll in a certificate program in Interior Design. Check out the many other opportunities for personal and professional enrichment.
- Learning for a Lifetime Program - Open to all retired and semi-retired people over 55; the only requirement for joining is an intellectual curiosity.
- CT Writing Project - Improve your methods on how to teach students how to write through a rich assortment of programs, including Institutes on teaching writing, teaching literature, and using technology in literacy classrooms.
- Fairfield University is pleased to announce that our Spiritual Direction Formation Program will be offered in North Carolina, in June 2015. This program will be held at St. Francis Springs Prayer Center in Stoneville, NC (just north of Greensboro). The Rev. James Bowler, S.J., a longtime member of the Fairfield faculty and administration, will lead the program.
- BASE Camp - Thank you for your interest in BASE Camp! Free for 10th & 11th grade Bridgeport high school young women interested in science - come and experience the thrill of hands-on learning and discovery through scientific research. This two-week overnight camp is free of charge to students. All meals and lodging on campus are included. Space is limited to 30 students.
- Summer Scholars - A two-week program for motivated high school students seeking a college academic and enrichment experience.
- Filmmaking Summer Camp - Students will receive intensive individual instruction thrghout the week, leading to the production and screening of their own short digital films. Topics covered include film language and technique, screen writing, camera operation, lighting elements, audio recording, directing, producing, and digital editing.
- Upward Bound - Fairfield University's Upward Bound is a federally funded program for college-bound high school students. Through comprehensive, holistic, co-curricular and academic programs, the Upward Bound provides low-income, potential first-generation college students with the tools necessary to access postsecondary education as full participants. We support students as they push beyond barriers to college access by engaging them in tutoring, mentoring, academic instruction, academic counseling, standardized testing classes, life skills workshops, cultural events, college visits, assistance with the college admissions and financial aid processes, financial literacy, career exploration, leadership development, and a summer residential program. All activities and services are provided at no cost to the students and their families.
- Academic Immersion - The Academic Immersion Program is designed to assist students with the transition to college, with a particular emphasis on the academic adjustments a student must continually make between high school and his or her first two years in college. The Academic Immersion program has two components. The first is a four-week summer program during which selected students complete two core course - one visual and performaing arts (AH 12) and a natural science (BI 76), earning six credits during the summer. This program is a collaborative effort between the Office of Student Diversity Programs and Project Excel.
- The Arts
Missoula Children's Theatre - This renowned young people's summer theatre program offers six sessions and five productions from which to choose. The preeminent professional children's theatre company is a non-profit organization from Missoula, Montana, that tours the country and serves 300 communities every year.
Emagination Computer Camps - For 30 years Emagination has been the perfect summer camp for kids around the world who love technology.
National Computer Camps - America's original computer camp since 1977. Campers ages 7-18 may sign up for one or more one week sessions of residential and day programs. Each week beginner to advanced levels are offered. An optional sports program is available. A weekly morning only program is offered for 7-8 year olds. The camp is directed by Michael Zabinski, Ph.D., Professor, Fairfield University.
Summer Institute for the Gifted - SIG Day programs are 3-week academic summer camps for gifted and talented students ages 4-12. The program combines captivating courses with social, cultural and recreational opportunities for a truly engaging summer.
Worldview Academy Leadership Camps - At Worldview Academy Leadership Camps, students ages 13 to 18 are challenged to think hard about their faith. They are treated like real people who wrestle with real issues—and who need answers that match the real world. Each camp features 20+ hours of lively classroom sessions and discussions, which guide students to better understand servant leadership, apologetics/evangelism, and comparative worldviews.
Nike Baseball Camp, Trevor Brown at (203) 254-4000, ext. 3178 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Johnson Basketball Camp, Kyle Koncz at (203) 254-4000, ext. 2791, email@example.com
Joe Frager Basketball Camp for Girls, Sabra Wrice at (203) 254-4000, ext. 3326, cell (203) 382-3018, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
ecamps - Hosted on Fairfield's campus: Ecamps provides young athletes with the opportunity to improve and become better players by providing instruction from top coaches in a fun and positive atmosphere.
Invasion Field Hockey Camp, Jackie Kane at (203) 254-4000, ext. 2471 or email@example.com
Sound Lacrosse (203) 254-4000, ext. 2723, firstname.lastname@example.org
Academy of Excellence - Little Kickers Day Camp, (203) 254-4000, ext. 2943, email@example.com
Academy of Excellence - Elite Camp (Girl's), (203) 254-4000, ext. 2943
Planet Soccer Day Camp, (203) 254-4000 ext. 3149, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elite ID Camp (Boy's) (Boy's), (203) 254-4000 ext. 3149, email@example.com
Nike Softball Camp, 1-800-NIKE-CAMPS (1-800-645-3226)