Summer @ Fairfield
Summers at Fairfield University are anything but quiet. During the summer we open our campus to students of all ages for our Summer Programs. Whether you're a high school student looking to earn college credit or just interested in expanding your knowledge, we offer dozens of programs, camps, and conferences.
If you are interested in hosting a camp, conference, or event at Fairfield University, please visit the Office of Conference and Event Management to learn more about the many options and amenities available on campus.
- Undergraduate Summer Session (3-Credit Courses) - Be productive - Whether you're a current Fairfield student or visiting for the summer, you can earn course credit (transferable for visiting students) in a wide variety of subject areas through on-campus or online classes (one-or five-week sessions starting in May).
- The Fairfield University Research Experience for Undergraduates Program in Mathematics and Computational Science (REU): REU is an eight-week summer program that provides active and original research opportunities for undergraduates. Student participants will work in small groups on focused research topics under the guidance of a Fairfield faculty mentor. We provide stipends and free housing on the Fairfield campus located just north of New York City.
- New! Introduction to Computer Game Modeling through the School of Engineering. Whether you want to know how the computer games you or your friends play are developed, or if you want to explore the computer gaming field for potential job opportunities, this course gives you an opportunity to accomplish your goals. View the flyer.
- Currently enrolled graduate students should visit my.fairfield.edu for their list of graduate program summer course offerings. Registration for summer 2014 begins on April 1 (for GSEAP non-matriculated students, summer registration starts April 15. Registration starts at 8:30 a.m. for all online, in person, and telephone registrations).
- Personal & Professional Enrichment - Take a course in art history or enroll in a certificate program in Interior Design. Check out the many other opportunities for personal and professional enrichment.
- Learning for a Lifetime Program - Open to all retired and semi-retired people over 55; the only requirement for joining is an intellectual curiosity.
- CT Writing Project - Improve your methods on how to teach students how to write through a rich assortment of programs, including Institutes on teaching writing, teaching literature, and using technology in literacy classrooms.
- Graduate Information Sessions - Attend a Grad Information Session on campus this summer and learn more about Fairfield's 40 graduate programs and how they can advance your career and inspire your life!
- Fairfield University is pleased to announce that our Spiritual Direction Formation Program will be offered in North Carolina, in August 2014. This program will be held at St. Francis Springs Prayer Center in Stoneville, NC (just north of Greensboro). The Rev. James Bowler, S.J., a longtime member of the Fairfield faculty and administration, will lead the North Carolina program.
- Inspire The Writer Within and attend the Summer Writers Conference . Learn from award-winning faculty on the scenic and inspirational Enders Island off Mystic, CT - July 18 - July 22, 2014.
- BASE Camp - Thank you for your interest in BASE Camp! Free for 10th & 11th grade Bridgeport high school young women interested in science - come and experience the thrill of hands-on learning and discovery through scientific research. This two-week overnight camp is free of charge to students. All meals and lodging on campus are included. Space is limited to 30 students.
- Summer Scholars - A two-week program for motivated high school students seeking a college academic and enrichment experience.
- Filmmaking Summer Camp - Students will receive intensive individual instruction thrghout the week, leading to the production and screening of their own short digital films. Topics covered include film language and technique, screen writing, camera operation, lighting elements, audio recording, directing, producing, and digital editing.
- New! Introduction to Computer Game Modeling through the School of Engineering. Whether you want to know how the computer games you or your friends play are developed, or if you want to explore the computer gaming field for potential job opportunities, this course gives you an opportunity to accomplish your goals. View the flyer
- The Arts
Missoula Children's Theatre - This renowned young people's summer theatre program offers six sessions and five productions from which to choose. The preeminent professional children's theatre company is a non-profit organization from Missoula, Montana, that tours the country and serves 300 communities every year.
Emagination Computer Camps - For 30 years Emagination has been the perfect summer camp for kids around the world who love technology.
National Computer Camps - America's original computer camp since 1977. Campers ages 7-18 may sign up for one or more one week sessions of residential and day programs. Each week beginner to advanced levels are offered. An optional sports program is available. A weekly morning only program is offered for 7-8 year olds. The camp is directed by Michael Zabinski, Ph.D., Professor, Fairfield University.
Summer Institute for the Gifted - SIG Day programs are 3-week academic summer camps for gifted and talented students ages 4-12. The program combines captivating courses with social, cultural and recreational opportunities for a truly engaging summer.
Nike Baseball Camp, Trevor Brown at (203) 254-4000, ext. 3178 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Johnson Basketball Camp, Kyle Koncz at (203) 254-4000, ext. 2791, email@example.com
Joe Frager Basketball Camp for Girls, Sabra Wrice at (203) 254-4000, ext. 3326, cell (203) 382-3018, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Invasion Field Hockey Camp, Jackie Kane at (203) 254-4000, ext. 2471 or email@example.com
Sound Lacrosse (203) 254-4000, ext. 2723, firstname.lastname@example.org
Academy of Excellence - Little Kickers Day Camp, (203) 254-4000, ext. 2943, email@example.com
Academy of Excellence - Elite Camp (Girl's), (203) 254-4000, ext. 2943
Planet Soccer Day Camp, (203) 254-4000 ext. 3149, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elite ID Camp (Boy's) (Boy's), (203) 254-4000 ext. 3149, email@example.com
Nike Softball Camp, 1-800-NIKE-CAMPS (1-800-645-3226)
Nike Swim Camp, Allison Kreho at firstname.lastname@example.org