M.S. in Nursing, Nursing Leadership - Admission
Applicants for the M.S. in Nursing, Nursing Leadership Track must hold a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a regionally accredited college or university (or the international equivalent). A quality point average of 3.0 or higher is preferred. RN applicants who have a non-nursing bachelor's degree will be considered on an individual basis and may be required to complete select prerequisites to be eligible for admission to the MSN program.
Formal Admission Process
Applications are reviewed by the Graduate Admission Committee. Students seeking admission must submit:
- A Completed Application (apply online)
- A Non-refundable $60 Application Fee made payable to Fairfield University (paid by credit card if applying online)
- A Professional Resume. Applicants are required to submit a current resume that includes employment and education history.
- An Admission Essay.
- Discuss a practice problem in your field that, in your experience, has a broad impact on patient care outcomes
- State professional goals for the next 5-10 years
- Explain how the degree you are seeking will aid you in reaching your goals
- Official transcripts from all universities/colleges attended. (All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluating service.)
- Two Recommendation Forms and Letters, one of which much be from a current supervisor or professor.
- Copy of current RN License to practice in the state of Connecticut.
Students from non-English speaking countries are required to submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report. A TOEFL composite score of 550 for the paper test, 213 for the computer-based, or 79-80 on the Internet-based test (IBT) is strongly recommended for admission. Fairfield's ETS code is 3390.
All application materials should be sent to:
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies Admission
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824-5195
Phone: (203) 254-4184
Fax: (203) 254-4073
How to Apply
For detailed admission requirements, please refer to the links below:
Application Information for U.S. and Permanent Residents of the United States
Application Information for International Applicants
Family Nurse Practitioner: Rolling until April 1
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner: Rolling until August 1
Nursing Leadership: Rolling until August 1
Tuition and Fees
To be considered for financial aid, Fairfield University requires students to complete a FAFSA form. For further information, visit the Office of Financial Aid.