Applicants for the M.A. in Teaching and Foundations in Education must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university (or the international equivalent) and show promise of success in their graduate studies.
Applicants for the C.A.S. must hold a bachelor's and master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university (or the international equivalent) and show evidence of success in their graduate studies.
Formal Admission Process
Students seeking admission must submit:
- A Completed online application.
- A Non-refundable $60 Application Fee paid by credit card.
- A Professional Resume. Applicants are required to submit a current resume that includes employment and education history (submit online).
- An Admission Essay. Students should describe why they want to undertake graduate studies in Teaching and Foundations (submit online).
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended demonstrating a cumulative GPA of at least 2.67 (or receive a GPA waiver from the department, available on a case by case basis). You must hold a bachelor's degree with an approved subject major or interdisciplinary major. (All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved ealuating service.)
- Two Recommendation Forms and Letters, one of which must be, preferably, from a current employer or supervisor. The Recommendations are completed online. At the time of application you will need to provide your two Recommender's names and e-mail addresses.
- Participation in an Admission Interview.
Students from Non-English Speaking Countries
Students from non-English speaking countries are required to submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report. A TOEFL composite score of 550 for the paper test, 213 for the computer-based, or 79-80 on the Internet-based test (iBT) is strongly recommended for admission. Fairfield's ETS code is 3390.
All application materials for formal admission should be sent to:
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies Admission
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824-5195
Phone: (203) 254-4184
Fax: (203) 254-4073
How to Apply
For detailed admission requirements, please refer to the links below:
Students applying for the Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions have a number of scholarship and financial aid opportunities specific to their education. To be considered for financial aid, Fairfield University requires students to complete a FAFSA form. For further information, visit the Office of Financial Aid.