Applicants for the M.A. in Marriage & Family Therapy must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university (or the international equivalent) and give promise of meeting the standards set by the School.
Formal Admission Process
Students seeking admission must submit:
- A Completed online application.
- A Non-refundable $60 application fee paid by credit card.
- A Professional Resume. Applicants are required to submit a current resume that includes employment and education history (submit online).
- An Admission Essay. Students should describe why they want to undertake graduate studies in Marriage & Family Therapy (submit online).
- Official Transcripts verifying completion of an undergraduate degree. (All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluating service.
- Two recommendation forms and letters, one of which must be, preferably, from a current employer or supervisor. The Recommendations are completed online. At the time of application you will need to provide your two Recommender's names and e-mail addresses.
- Participation in an Admission Interview.
- For prospective students who are applying to the January 15, 2015 deadline, the Admissions Interview is scheduled for Friday, February 27, 2015. Please plan to be availabel should you be invited to the interview. You will be notified of your invitation to the interview at least two weeks prior to the scheduled date.
Students from Non-English Speaking Countries
Students from non-English speaking countries are required to submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report. A TOEFL composite score of 550 for the paper test, 213 for the computer-based, or 84 on the Internet-based test (iBT) with a minimum score of 21 in reading and 23 in writing is strongly recommended for admission. Fairfield's ETS code is 3390.
All application materials for formal admission should be sent to:
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies Admission
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824-5195
Phone: (203) 254-4184
Fax: (203) 254-4073
How to Apply
For detailed admission requirements, please refer to the links below:
Students applying for the Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions have a number of scholarship and financial aid opportunities specific to their education. To be considered for financial aid, Fairfield University requires students to complete a FAFSA form. For further information, visit the Office of Financial Aid.