Art History - The Caryatid Hairstyling Project Past and Present Media and Events
Lectures, Poster Sessions, Publications, Exhibitions, Screenings and Presentations:
- "Classical Hairstyles: Identity and Fashion," Bucknell University, October 27, 2015
- "Classical Hairstyles: Identity and Fashion," Trinity College, March 7, 2015
- "Classical Hairstyles: Identity, Society and Fashion," Timken Museum of Art, May 5, 2016
- “The Meaning and Technique of Hair in Ancient Greek Art,” ATINER, June 1, 2015
- “The Caryatid Hairstyles,”The Brearley School, New York City, April 14, 2015
- “The Caryatid Hairstyling Project,” Fairfield University, March 30, 2015
- “The Caryatid Hairstyles,” The Marymount School, New York City, November 12, 2013
- "How to Look Like a Greek Goddess”, March 3, 2013, 2:00-3:30 p.m. at the Wilton Public Library for teens in grades 6-12.
- "The Caryatid Hairstyles from the Athenian Acropolis: technique and meaning" Archaeological Associates of Greenwich, Bruce Museum, Greenwich, CT, October 18, 2012
- "The Caryatid Hairstyling Project," ARTiria, Lefkada, Greece, June 9, 2012, screening
- "The Caryatid Hairstyles," The Brearley School, New York City, April 24, 2012
- "The Caryatid Hairstyles," Kouros Gallery, New York City, April 17, 2012
- "Investigating the Surface: Hairstyles of the Athenian Caryatids," Department of Classics, Amherst College, March 27, 2012
- "The Caryatid Hairstyles: How to Braid Your Hair Like a Greek Goddess," Fairfield University Bookstore, February 15, 2012
- "Typologies of the Caryatid Coiffures," poster session presentation, 114th Annual Meeting, Archaeological Institute of America, Philadelphia, January 6, 2012
- "The Caryatid Hairstyles" A.G.A.P.W. (Association of Greek American Professional Women), World Bar, Trump World Tower, New York City, September 13, 2011
- "The Caryatid Hairstyles," ESEDY (Greek Foreign Affairs Diplomats' Spouses Association), Acropolis Museum, Athens, Greece, June 14, 2011
- "The Caryatid Hairstyling Project and DVD Screening," Doshisha University, Kyoto, Japan, April 23, 2011
- "Investigating the Surface: the Parthenon Metopes and the Caryatid Hairstyles," co-sponsored by the American School of Classical Studies at Athens and the American Friends of the New Acropolis Museum, Greek Embassy, Washington, D.C., April 7, 2011
- "The Athenian Acropolis: The Restoration Project and New Acropolis Museum," and screening of the Caryatid Hairstyling Project, Speaker Series, White Sands Residential Community, La Jolla, California, March 21, 2011
- "The Caryatid Hairstyles: Reality and Meaning (or how to braid your hair like a Greek goddess)," Department of Art History and Art, Case Western Reserve University, February 8, 2011
- "Gifts from Athens," AHEPA, New Britain chapter, January 25, 2011
- "Investigating the Surface: the Parthenon Metopes and the Caryatid Hairstyles," Department of Art History and Archaeology, Columbia University, October 19, 2010
- “Photographs of the Caryatid Hairstyling Project,” Greek Consulate General in New York City,
- February 25-March 27, 2015; Greek Embassy, Washington, D.C. , April 30-June 26, 2015
- “Hair in the Classical World,” Bellarmine Museum of Art, Fairfield University, October 7-December 18, 2015
- AGON Film Festival, Athens, Greece, November 8-9, 2014
- Archaeological Film Festival, March 14, 2013. An Evening of Archaeological Films Organized by the Archives of the American School of Classical Studies at Athens, AGON, and Fairfield University. Event will be live streamed beginning 10 a.m. EST.
- "Caryatid Hairstyling Project," 23rd International Festival of Archaeological Film, Trailer.
- "Cinema and archaeology: the camera in search of the Past," Rovereto, Italy, October 1-6, 2012.
- "Caryatid Hairstyling Project," AGON 2012 9th International Meeting of Archaeological Films on the Mediterranean and Beyond. Athens, May 7-13, 2012. View more details.
Katherine A. Schwab and Marice Rose, “Fishtail Braids and the Caryatid Hairstyling Project: Fashion Today and in Ancient Athens,” Catwalk: The Journal of Fashion, Beauty and Style, vol. 4.2 (2015) 1-24.