Summer Writers Conference
July 17-21, 2015
Looking to inspire the writer within? Come write with us at our second annual Fairfield University Summer Conference for Writers, July 17-21, 2015, on the scenic, inspirational, and serene Enders Island, off the coast of Mystic, Connecticut.
Join award-winning faculty from Fairfield University's low-residency MFA for a four-day conference. Conference faculty will include Carol Ann Davis and Michael C. White
Conference cost: $550 (icludes welcome dinner and lunch daily - overnight accommodation is the responsibility of the participant)
Seminar and Workshop topics will include:
- Generative workshops in prose and poetry
- Writing the body in fiction and nonfiction
- Seminars and craft talks
- Faculty and guest author readings
- Publishing opportunities for narrative and lyric writing with a health focus
- Advanced workshop with particpant wrting samples in health and medicine
- Opportunities to meet with renowned writers and editors
Guest Conference Speaker: Perri Klass - "A World Full of Stories: Writing and Medicine"
Are you a doctor, nurse, health professional, or do you have a peronsal story to tell about illness and healing? Please join us for a series of seminars at the conference focused on health, medicine, and writing. In addition to the talk by Dr. Perri Klass, participants will have the opportunity to talk with published writers about markets for this writing and to take either an introductory or advanced workshop on this topic.
Richard Hoffman: guest author in residence
Richard Hoffman is the author of three poetry collections: Without Paradise, Gold Star Road (winner of the 2006 Barrow Street Press Poetry Prize and the New England Poetry Club's Sheila Motton Book Award) and his latest, Emblem. His prose works include the celebrated Half the House: a Memoir, Interference & Other Stories, and Love & Fury.
Fairfield's MFA faculty include:
Carol Ann Davis
Kim Dana Kupperman
Michael White, MFA Director
Learn with us: Our MFA students have published 23 books in the past two years! Their essays and poems have appeared in many literary journals and recent anthologies
We are currently accepting applications for Summer 2015, July 17-21
1. Fill out the application form (word doc) and e-mail it, along with your writing sample, to Elizabeth Hastings
2. Submit the nonrefundable deposit of $60 dollars online
3. Upon acceptance to the conference, you will be contacted and asked to submit payment for the tuition balance and meal plan
If you would like to find out more about the Fairfield Summer Writers Conference, contact Carol Ann Davis @ firstname.lastname@example.org
If you no longer wish to recieve communications from Fairfield University, please opt-out here.