Summer Writers Conference
July 15-19, 2016
Looking to inspire the writer within? Come write with us at our second annual Fairfield University Summer Conference for Writers, July 15-19, 2016, on the scenic, inspirational, and serene Enders Island, off the coast of Mystic, Connecticut.
Join award-winning faculty from Fairfield University's low-residency MFA for a four-day conference.
Conference cost: $550 (icludes welcome dinner and lunch daily - overnight accommodation is the responsibility of the participant)
Seminar and Workshop topics will include:
- Generative workshops in prose and poetry
- Writing the body in fiction and nonfiction
- Seminars and craft talks
- Faculty and guest author readings
- Publishing opportunities for narrative and lyric writing with a health focus
- Advanced workshop with particpant wrting samples in health and medicine
- Opportunities to meet with renowned writers and editors.
Fairfield's MFA faculty include:
Carol Ann Davis
Sonya Huber, MFA Director
Learn with us: Our MFA students have published 28 books in the past two years! Their essays and poems have appeared in many literary journals and recent anthologies
We are currently accepting applications for Summer 2016, July 15-19
1. Fill out the application form (word doc) and e-mail it, along with your writing sample, to Elizabeth Hastings
2. Submit the nonrefundable deposit of $60 dollars online
3. Upon acceptance to the conference, you will be contacted and asked to submit payment for the tuition balance and meal plan
If you would like to find out more about the Fairfield Summer Writers Conference, contact Elizabeth Hastings @ firstname.lastname@example.org
If you no longer wish to recieve communications from Fairfield University, please opt-out here.