M.A. in American Studies - Admission
The M.A. in American Studies program welcomes students of ability from all academic and professional backgrounds. Students who hold a bachelor's degree in any field from a regionally accredited college or university (or the international equivalent) are encouraged to apply.
Formal Admission Process
Applications are reviewed by the Graduate Admission Committee. Students seeking admission must submit:
- A Completed Application (apply online).
- A Non-refundable $60 Application Fee made payable to Fairfield University (paid by credit card if applying online).
- A Professional Resume. Applicants are required to submit a current resume that includes employment and education history.
- A Personal Statement describing intent for studying in the program.
- Official transcripts from all universities/colleges attended. (All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluating service.)
- Two Recommendations, one of which must be from a current supervisor or professor, accompanied by the University recommendation forms.
Students from non-English speaking countries are required to submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report. A TOEFL composite score of 550 for the paper test, 213 for the computer-based, or 79-80 on the Internet-based test (IBT) is strongly recommended for admission. Fairfield's ETS code is 3390.
All application materials should be sent to:
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies Admission
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824-5195
Phone: (203) 254-4184
Fax: (203) 254-4073
How to Apply
For detailed admission requirements, please refer to the links below:
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
To be considered for financial aid, Fairfield University requires students to complete a FAFSA form. For further information, visit the Office of Financial Aid.