M.S. in Finance - Admission
Applicants for the M.S. in Finance must hold a bachelor's degree or MBA from a regionally accredited college or university (or the international equivalent) and have adequate background in the areas of:
- Financial Accounting
Applicants lacking proper training in these areas will need to take preparatory courses in addition to the main course work.
Formal Admission Process
Applications are reviewed by the Graduate Admission Committee. Students seeking admission must submit:
Completed Application for Graduate Admission (available online.)
- A Completed Application for Graduate Admission Form Apply Online.
- A Non-refundable $60 Application Fee
- A Professional Resume. Applicants are required to submit a current resume that includes employment and education history. (Submit Online)
- A Personal Statement of self-evaluation of work experience and career objectives. (Submit Online)
- Official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended. (All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluating service.)
- Two Recommendation Forms and Letters, one of which must be, preferably, from a current employer or supervisor. The Recommendations are completed online. At the time of application you will need to provide your two Recommender's names and e-mail addresses.
- Interviews. Applicants may be required to participate in an interview as part of the admission process. If required, candidates will be contacted by the program director to schedule an appointment.
- *Official Score for the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). The GRE may be substituted for the GMAT.
*The Dolan School of Business generally seeks graduate students who meet the following criteria: an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 accompanied by a GMAT score of at least 500.
Students from non-English speaking countries are required to submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report. A TOEFL composite score of 550 for the paper test, 213 for the computer-based, 80 on the Internet-based test (IBT) is strongly recommended for admission. Fairfield's ETS code is 3390.
Please send original supporting application materials and documents that cannot be uploaded into the online application directly to the Business School:
Dolan School of Business
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824-5195
Phone: (203) 254-2843
Fax: (203) 254-4029
How to Apply
For detailed admission requirements, please refer to the links below:
Access the online application directly.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Tuition & Financial Aid
To be considered for financial aid, Fairfield University requires students to complete a FAFSA form. For further information, visit the Office of Financial Aid.