M.S. in Accounting - Admission
Applicants for the M.S. in Accounting must hold a bachelor's degree in accounting from a regionally accredited college or university (or the international equivalent) or have completed the equivalent coursework prior to beginning the program.
Formal Admission Process
Applications are reviewed by the Graduate Admission Committee. Students seeking admission must submit:
Completed Application for Graduate Admission Form (available online.)
- A Completed Application for Graduate Admission Form Apply Online. While your application is in progress, you can check to see if your supporting documents, such as transcripts and recommendations, have been received. Please allow 48 hours from the time we receive the documents for them to post to the checklist. Track the status of your application.
- A Non-refundable $60 Application Fee
- A Professional Resume. Applicants are required to submit a current resume that includes employment and education history. (Submit Online)
- A Personal Statement of self-evaluation of work experience and career objectives. (Submit Online)
- Official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended. (All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluating service.)
- Two Recommendation Forms and Letters, one of which must be, preferably, from a current employer or supervisor. The Recommendations are completed online. At the time of application you will need to provide your two Recommender's names and e-mail addresses.
- Interviews. Applicants may be required to participate in an interview as part of the admission process. If required, candidates will be contacted by the program director to schedule an appointment.
- *Official Score for the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
*The Charles F. Dolan School of Business generally seeks graduate students who meet the following criteria: an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 accompanied by a GMAT score of at least 500.
Students from non-English speaking countries are required to submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report. A TOEFL composite score of 550 for the paper test, 213 for the computer-based, 80 on the Internet-based test (IBT) is strongly recommended for admission. Fairfield's ETS code is 3390.
All application materials should be sent to:
Charles F. Dolan School of Business
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824-5195
Phone: (203) 254-2843
Fax: (203) 254-4029
How to Apply
For detailed admission requirements, please refer to the links below:
Access the online application directly.
Due to the competitive nature of the MSA program, completed applications must be submitted by the end of the fall semester (December) PRIOR to the start of the next cohort, which occurs in May.
To be considered for financial aid, Fairfield University requires students to complete a FAFSA form. For further information, visit the Office of Financial Aid.