Experience a variety of Educational Opportunities at the Dolan School of Business
Save the date!
"Strategies for Enhancing Diversity in Your Organization"
January 21, 2015(Snow date: Thursday, January 22nd)
An interactive seminar for managers, HR professionals, recruiters, and talent-seekers—the second in a series.
Simone Morris, Society for Human Resource Management, Southern Connecticut Chapter, Diversity and Inclusion Consultant
Trusha Mehta, Ernst and Young, LLC, Financial Services Office Inclusiveness and Flexibility Leader
Kara Underwood, Managing Director, Diversity and Inclusion, Morgan Stanley
Mammen Verghis, Vice President, Marketing, Prudential
Moderated by Lisa A. Mainiero, Ph.D.
Panel Discussion: What are best practice strategies to create organizations that are inclusive of all kinds of people? Are we any closer to achieving “post-racial” and “post-gender” workplaces? Which organizations have most successfully addressed diversity and inclusiveness in their work force?
In the constantly changing business environment, it is essential for employees to continuously enhance their skills as a way to contribute to your business and advance their careers. Having professionals who can contribute to a company’s overall vision, mission, and strategic goals is imperative for success. Fairfield University’s Dolan School of Business would like to work with you and your organization to further develop employees’ managerial and technical skill sets so you will be best prepared for the challenges ahead.
We offer a variety of academic programs for employees at many levels:
- Graduate Degrees in our nationally ranked part-time or fulltime MBA, MS-Accounting, MS-Finance degrees. Currently in development: a cutting-edge MS in Business Analytics
- Post Baccalaureate certificate programs in Accounting, Marketing and MBA preparation
- Certificates of Advanced Study in all graduate business disciplines for employees with master-level degrees
- Professional certificates in human resource management and financial planning(CPA, CFP®, SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®)
- CPE seminars and training for CPAs and HR professionals
- Leading the Business: An experiential leadership and simulation program sponsored by Fairfield University and TRI Corporation.
- Part-time and fulltime Bachelor of Science degree with undergraduate majors in all business disciplines : Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, International Business, Management and Marketing
One of our greatest assets is our highly skilled business faculty. Both our undergraduate and MBA programs received an “A+” for teaching quality in the prestigious Bloomberg BusinessWeek rankings. As nationally and internationally recognized subject matter experts, faculty members can also provide customized programs specific to your organization’s needs.
Additionally, The Dolan School of Business has a thriving internship program. We view internships as a vital experience for undergraduate education, as 96% of business students from the class of 2014 completed at least one internship while at Fairfield University. Our students are smart, talented, creative, driven, and can offer your organization a fresh perspective and renewed energy on a wide variety of tasks and projects.
We welcome the opportunity to not only discuss our academic offerings but also brainstorm on your specific needs and requests. To learn more, schedule a phone or in-person meeting with me, Don Gibson, Dean of the Dolan School of Business, by calling 203-254-4307 or e-mailing Patricia Pivarnik.
Donald E. Gibson, Ph.D.
Dean and Professor